liko2k

Shuttle landing pad module

Hello,

Simple solution to a problem of shuttle occupying the  vehicle bay would be introduction of shuttle landing pad module. This way we could designate nice area to where it would land and not to disturb the production. It could also sport some storage slot or a fuel tank that would automatically refuel the shuttle when docked (providing required fuel amount is stored).

Edited by liko2k

I tweeted the devs about a forklift attachment for the crane/rover as well. This would definitely be useful to move the shuttles from the vehicle bay to the launching pad, if this was developed. +1

Edited by bwhite94

Yes good idea, this is currently a huge problem when trying to move to another planet and build a vehicle, I've often ended up having to build 2 vehicle bays to get around it

On 12/27/2016 at 6:19 AM, Genophix said:

Yes good idea, this is currently a huge problem when trying to move to another planet and build a vehicle, I've often ended up having to build 2 vehicle bays to get around it

You can also choose a location to land near your base to avoid blocking the vehicle bay. I've set up a satellite base with some storage and rover to use when I land to get back to my primary base.

Landing pad seems like the best/most simple fix but a forklift would be a great addition as well.

While I agree that perhaps there should be Vehicle station AND Spacedock, I'd like to add that building a landingpad is literally no different than building another vehicle station AND you can land at ANY vehicle station whether it is occupied or not (Which is kinda a bug as it is currently really) on any planet and it will create its own landing bubble from space...

6 minutes ago, Papa Smurf said:

While I agree that perhaps there should be Vehicle station AND Spacedock, I'd like to add that building a landingpad is literally no different than building another vehicle station AND you can land at ANY vehicle station whether it is occupied or not (Which is kinda a bug as it is currently really) on any planet and it will create its own landing bubble from space...

True, but the landing pad could be cheaper to build than the vech bay and actually nameable ;)  There could be also a space port that would play a role of an habitat (but crazy expensive!). 

If you build several Vehicle stations, can you select which will be used to land? No.

With special launchpad you know, where you will be landed.

Spaceport seems should be reserved to be interior building with launchpad on top and able to connect ships by tunnel without need of outdoor walk.

You can select individual vehicle bays as landing locations (AFAIK) but at them moment it can be difficult to tell them apart from orbit view. Would still be nice to have a landing pad option to set up a satellite base near resources, cave entrances, etc. without having to build off of a habitat IMO. At an existing base, building a second vehicle bay isn't an issue.