SES_joe

The Holiday Update - December 16th, 2019

key_art.png

Steam, PS4, and Xbox "Play Anywhere" players should receive this update today, December 16th, 2019.

Welcome to the Holiday Update, featuring our first ever community goal where your progress gets collected with the entire player base to unlock exclusive rewards!

UPDATES

HighresScreenshot00484.jpg

Exo Community Recovery Mission is live! The Holidays in the Sol system have arrived, and due to unforseen circumstances, EXO Dynamics needs you to participate in project CHEER to save them! Delivery crates from an LRCV have crash landed all over the system, and EXO needs you to locate and recover these top secret experiments. The Project CHEER Holiday Limited Time event begins on December 16th, 2019 until 12:00am PT on Jan 17th, 2020. 

Rewards for participation include:

• Frosty Palette - Rewarded after achieving 400 recovery points 
  • Frosty Visor - Rewarded after achieving 2500 recovery points 
  • Frosty Mask  - Rewarded after achieving 2500 recovery points
  • Holiday Top Hat Reward - Rewarded to all players after the community goal of 100,000,000 recovery points is achieved

image (35).png

As an added holiday bonus, System Era is running an Extra Life campaign (supporting Seattle Children's Hospital :) ) based on the amount of recovery points the community as a whole achieves! At every 50,000,000 recovery points, SES will donate 5,000 USD to the campaign, up to a total of 20,000 dollars! You can join our team and/or donate to the cause here: http://bit.ly/SavetheholidaysAstro

EXO Request Platform has been added to the game. Use this new module to send recovered project CHEER experiments back to EXO Dynamics. Check the module's control panel for full mission parameters. 

Recipe:

• 2 Resin
  • 1 Aluminum
  • Prints from: Medium Printer

Festive light tethers have returned and will be available in the game till the end of the year!

A Happy Holidays photo frame has been added for a limited time. Snap holiday photos using the Camera item to send to your friends with your warmest season’s greetings. 

PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATIONS

• Optimized texture compression settings to significantly reduce memory usage. 
  • Fixed a bug in the research system which caused it to severely degrade performance if the research module was active in multiplayer games.
  • Fixed a bug involving tethers that caused performance to degrade for clients in multiplayer games.
  • Various stability fixes.

As we addressed in our most recent vlog, this is an ongoing process, but these bugfixes and optimizations should be a great start to ensure better performance in multiplayer sessions. Next months update will be focused solely on bugfixes, quality of life, and performance upgrades for multiplayer. You can watch the vlog where Brendan talks about this in more detail below: 

BUGS

The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.8.64.0

General 

• [AS-8093] - Tutorial [FR]: The "Approach the {item} to interact with it" text string now appears correctly when playing in french.
  • [AS-9221] - Wanderer Photo widget now correctly shows PlayStation button on PS4.

Audio

• [AS-9338] - Packager audio no longer gets cut off during repackaging event.
  • [AS-9410] - Oxygenator audio now correctly stops when the oxygenator is packaged, destroyed, or deleted.
  • [AS-9411] - RTG audio loop no longer continues to play after being packaged up.

Creative Mode

• [AS-9193] - Controller now changes terrain painter settings after a player interacts with an attached mouse.
  • [AS-9207] - The correct creative mode options are now selected by default.

Multiplayer

• [AS-8319] - Resource deposits are now consistently visible to client and should no longer pop in late.
  • [AS-8637] - Client can now see the Trade Platform’s rocket animating back into place when it is returning from a trade. 
  • [AS-5501] - Tooltips now appear for client’s when interacting with the Odd Stone/teleporter control panel.
  • [AS-9260] - Atmospheric Condenser’s control panel no longer enters broken state for multiplayer client when they return to relevance.

Localization

• [AS-8607] - Jetpack is now translated correctly in Russian in the tooltip, backpack printer, research catalog and creative catalog
  • [AS-8822] - Medium Buggy Horn is now translated correctly in Polish.
  • [AS-9242] - Text string for “PLAYER WILL NO LONGER TAKE DAMAGE” is now properly capitalized in creative mode tutorial in Italian.

Thanks so much for reading and for an amazing year! We can't wait to tell you all about our plans for 2020 ❤️

-jt

Me so sad 😭😭😭😭😭

My one and only save game still won't load 😭

It is either 50.2 or 52.0 MB large! 🤣😱🤪

The little white bar gets right to the end of the "N" in "Loading" then my puter kicks me back to the Steam 😭😭😭

I suppose I'll have to wait for the next update to get my one and only save game to load again? 🤞🤞🤞
Have fun playin ya'll!!! (Cleveland voice)

So very Sad! My game is also *Borked* as I can load it, but anytime i get in a rover to save, it crashes me back to dashboard on Xbox One X. 

My question is, this has been a known bug for so long, as I have read many others complain about it, WHY are you not addressing that people cant play the game anymore instead of pumping out updates???

How can I convince mt friends to get the game and play with me, IF I CANT PLAY MY OWN GAME SAVE????

8 hours ago, FrobeniusDF said:

I still cant enter the rover anymore. The game freezes and crashes. PS4 and Slim. Please fix It so I can play the game.

Hey FrobeniusDF. 

I had the same problem with the game(ps4 pro) , I spent a lot of time playing this game having a pretty good time just to get stuck just like you. However I should mention the 15+ hour save that went to waste when it got corrupted. And then there's the 10~ or so hours spent trying to circumvene the end-game crashing as I enter a vehicle. So much time.. 

I issued a refund and they accepted it. You should too. I'll never get the time back but atleast I got the money back so I can spend it on another game. 

Edited by ikatsu

25 minutes ago, Jack Herbert said:

So very Sad! My game is also *Borked* as I can load it, but anytime i get in a rover to save, it crashes me back to dashboard on Xbox One X. 

My question is, this has been a known bug for so long, as I have read many others complain about it, WHY are you not addressing that people cant play the game anymore instead of pumping out updates???

How can I convince mt friends to get the game and play with me, IF I CANT PLAY MY OWN GAME SAVE????

Yep this also boggles my mind. Why don't they focus down on the people who can't even play the game anymore Instead of giving the tether poles decorations...?? 

It hurts me to see that their next update is also focused on multiplayer..  In essence less chance they'll put any focus on the crashing... This seems like such a waste of time imo. 

I just refunded so the money I spent atleast are put into a game that's actually playable 

Edited by ikatsu

Love the updates 😍 at least 1 every month that's commitment.

The only thing I'm still missing is the True flat 2.0 when is it coming?🧐

Edited by Chavito

Loaded my game and my large rocket was in another planet. Found it in Vesania, and the base looked like a mudslide engulfed it.

The little toy figures look cool, but I don't know if I'm interesed in "playing fetch" more than I need to...

10 minutes ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

Do it for the 100,000,000 goal!

And if the community doesn't reach the goal, then what? Will they then not donate the full amount to the charity and blame us for it?

I'm too old to fall for those marketing tactics...

It is quite beautiful @EmeraldGamerr, you will actually find it on all planets where you can find locate and return toys for the event.  There are 4 planets/moons included in the event.

On 12/17/2019 at 7:56 AM, ikatsu said:

Hey FrobeniusDF. 

I had the same problem with the game(ps4 pro) , I spent a lot of time playing this game having a pretty good time just to get stuck just like you. However I should mention the 15+ hour save that went to waste when it got corrupted. And then there's the 10~ or so hours spent trying to circumvene the end-game crashing as I enter a vehicle. So much time.. 

I issued a refund and they accepted it. You should too. I'll never get the time back but atleast I got the money back so I can spend it on another game. 

I just don't think about numbers. The game catched me and makes no diference if I get my money or time back. I'll be frustrated with the money on my pocket knowing that I can't play Astroneer no more. Thats why I'm here posting messagens on this forum.

On 12/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, vvhorus said:

And if the community doesn't reach the goal, then what? Will they then not donate the full amount to the charity and blame us for it?

I'm too old to fall for those marketing tactics...

And progress resets every time ya load lol, what a joke, astronomers play schedule, is they release an update, n ya wait for the next update so its actually playable, I've unlocked this stupid suit 3 times over and it's not unlocked yet.

Hmmm, reloading the game seemed to fix the progress back to half, so three trys and I got the suit unlocked after it finally started to remember how many points I had my previous plays