[BUG] Solid-Fuel Thruster allows 3 trips if not landed (PC)

Blastix Riotz

On a trip from Sylva to Desolo, I made an error and flew back to Sylva before I landed and then headed back to Desolo for a second time without landing. The solid-fuel thruster allowed me to do this, but then stranded me on Desolo as I had not visited yet and the thruster broke.

So I went Sylva -> Desolo -(without landing)-> Sylva -(without landing)-> Desolo -> A bad time

I believe this is a bug since the solid-fuel thruster is supposed to make 1 round trip but allowed 3 paths.

Edited by Alan Murphy

you technically are not actually stuck on Desolo.
You should be able to find the laterite in the ground still there.
Ammonium is also in small pockets on Desolo. 
Though I personally find a soil centrifuge a better answer to my common material needs..
Otherwise you could always ask a friend or someone to come bring you a new engine 😛

If my math is correct, it sounds like the thruster got its 4 uses:

1: Lift off from Sylva
2: Transfer to Desolo
3: Transfer to Sylva
4: Transfer to Desolo

Landing doesn't use the thruster, but taking off does - I think this may have been the source of the confusion!
As Daya pointed out though, you can still find the materials to print another thruster, Ammonium and Laterite are universal and can be found on all the planets so you shouldn't ever get stuck!

Great point! that was one of my fears a while back when I got stranded in space after using a solid fuel thruster 3 times on 1 planet to land at different locations and for the 3rd time i got stuck in space XD 

Not a big issue anymore, but boy was I scared to leave sylva

• 1 year later...

Flying does take fuel, landing doesn't take fuel