panosval02

Xp system

Guys i have this idea where we can have an xp system. What do i mean ?I mean, the resources which we collect could give us sertain amounts of xp based on what resources we are mining the more rare a resource the more xp we get. What do we do with xp? You level up and expept of every resource being availible from the beggining you will have to unlock it like lets say engrams work in ark survival evolved. Hope u liked this small idea and feel free to leave a comment

yeah I think "XP" could be used to make you explore more?

But again if used wrong it can be a tedious grind or just wasteful development time.

While... it could also define people (one who is good with buildings, farming, tech/science and such?) but this game is about exploring.

Edited by Freddy

I don't think typical RPG mechanics would contribute anything to Astroneer.  The measure of your ability to do well is your ability to understand and exploit your resources and tools, not a system of numbers increased by repetition.  XP just sounds tedious.

5 hours ago, CherubimCW said:

I don't think typical RPG mechanics would contribute anything to Astroneer.  The measure of your ability to do well is your ability to understand and exploit your resources and tools, not a system of numbers increased by repetition.  XP just sounds tedious.

Yeah it can be like that but like with other things it could also slow down some development (which is good if you have many abilites/skills and a decent/medium world).

Like you said it doesn't really fit into it as we already got blueprints and much other things in the future that will "act" like that.

A sort of progression and development + the core of exploring not exploring the same areas again and again.

That there are experience points ( XP ) can be interesting to create a score.
A punctuation can be fun in multiplayer

But I would not like to be limited to having to reach so many points of experience to be able to investigate such thing or now to unblock something.
What I like is to be able to go there, explore, and see what new things are beyond those mountains, or what will be such another planet.