Sign in to follow this  
Chris.arnold

Gateways bugged, look activated, but stay dim, Windows10.

Windows 10, PC, Steam, Keyboard and mouse.

I've activated 4 of the gateways on Glacio, and they did the usual animation and I can see the odd stone and travel to other nodes.

However, on activating 4 nodes, 2 stay dim, even though I can interact with the odd stone and travel to activated nodes, but then cant travel back because it thinks that node is dim. Again, I can travel FROM the dim node, so the gateway is active.

3 other side notes:
- On the broken gateways, I can still see the vertical blue line traveling up from the gateway as if it's INactive, but I can see the odd stone as f it was active.
- When I reload the save, if I approach a broken gateway, as I approach it looks as it it is NOT active, and I can see the pillars and the power sockets, but when I get close enough, it changes to the active gateway with the odd stone.
- One of the gateways that is broken, it looks as if there are 2 gateways stacked on top of each other? The architecture of the structure looks strange, unlike the others.

Can I reload planets? I've almost got the achievement, I don't really want to start again if there is a risk of this happening again.

Thanks

Here are two relevant pictures.One shows the active gateway you can see the oddstone plus the vertical line above the gateway, the other shows the multiple gateways stacked.

one.png

two.png

This is happening to me as well. Windows 10, PC, Steam, KB+mouse, has occurred in two saves so far. The trigger is unknown, but may have something to do with activating gateways in rapid succession. My most recent broken game is extra-interesting since I'm 

Spoiler

on the Gateway satellite with literally no way to get off of it. No shuttle, not enough resources to print a new shuttle: I am literally stuck here.

CPU: Intel Core 15-6600K (not yet overclocked)
RAM: 2x8 GB, DDR4
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070
Drive: 500 GB Samsung SSD

Spoiler

20191201111953_1.jpg

IDEMPOTENT$2019.12.01-11.19.59.savegame

Edited by starman4308

This is a known bug where the gateways on Galcio seems to have duplicated, though from what I've seen it should have only happened to saves that existed before the Creative Update.

For the most part if you activate both gateways they should function as normal!

On 12/3/2019 at 3:18 PM, SES_Marc said:

This is a known bug where the gateways on Galcio seems to have duplicated, though from what I've seen it should have only happened to saves that existed before the Creative Update.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Marc, appreciate that. I downloaded the game end of October so it would have been pre-creative update. I haven't seen in the patch notes that it was fixed - https://forum.systemera.net/topic/54866-the-creative-update-november-15th-2019/

Maybe I'll try a new game and hope for the best?

Thanks again.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:18 AM, SES_Marc said:

I've looked closer at the OP. I haven't observed duplicate gateways in my saves (and the one I linked was started post-Creative update)., just an inability to teleport. Should I move this to a different thread?

18 hours ago, Chris.arnold said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply Marc, appreciate that. I downloaded the game end of October so it would have been pre-creative update. I haven't seen in the patch notes that it was fixed - https://forum.systemera.net/topic/54866-the-creative-update-november-15th-2019/

Maybe I'll try a new game and hope for the best?

Thanks again.

Based on what I've seen so far it shouldn't happen in a new save!

59 minutes ago, starman4308 said:

I've looked closer at the OP. I haven't observed duplicate gateways in my saves (and the one I linked was started post-Creative update)., just an inability to teleport. Should I move this to a different thread?

I had someone report this last week - would you mind emailing me a copy of your save so we can take a look?
If you're not on PC and can't send your save, screenshots/videos would be super helpful!
You can reach me at Support@SystemEra.net