Sign in to follow this  
Kristoefer

Extenders

With the power extenders it would be nice if they just stopped extending at maximum length instead of disconnecting the connector.  I know such a frivolous issue.

I like this idea and think it would make using extenders easier.

Furthermore I thought that when placing bases & extenders a transparent power cable should appear when in range of other bases & extenders. This would be similar to when placing tethers  and how you get a transparent dotted line will show to which tether the new one will be connected to when released (if any).

The secret is..
Put the extender bundle on the top left slot so you can press C to deploy them..  or V if you want the other side of the auxiliary ports on your backpack.. at least I think that is what they are called.

Well that is all dandy and all there but that just puts them on the ground.  Of course it does, but I wasn't finished.  Go grab a cable plug and pull it out as far as it will go, from anything you want.  Now with the extenders on your pack (on the top side ports), and the cable pulled out to where you want it, press that C/V button.

The power cable ribbon will stop at it's maximum range and angles, and the extender should be placed down at the end of the cable as you want it.  At least this is how I've been doing extenders lately..

Edited by Daya