Energy controled switche

xum

Can we have 2 new item, 2 remote-controlled switch (one default off, other default on) size like medium platform A ?
They would have for function to switch off / on an energy flow, control would be through an energy flow whose intensity does not matter (0.1 U?)
The item would have 2 connector for the main flow, without any particular sense and 2 connector for the control flow to use to choose one of the two depending on the ease.
I think it should not be too complicated and these 2 little things would bring a lot of fun in the game !!
Please Please ... 😀

IMG_20191121_004448.jpg

I inadvertently created an XOR gate probably by using an little bug because I do not understand why it works 🙂, moreover it is difficult to reproduce.
but it's so coool to can use few logic 😎

Edited by xum

I'm not sure if you have used the splitter yet, but i'm pretty sure it functions pretty much the way you would want it to

There is 1 input and 2 outputs (you can connect multiple spillters together to multiply the number of outputs)

Once there is a power-source connected to the input, as long as you connect the outputs to more than 1 platform, you can control how much energy either of the two platform receive, from no energy to all of itImage result for astroneer splitter"

As for the image, the top bar is the input and the bottom two are the outputs

Simply slide the blue bar on the bottom two to regulate how much energy each puts out (or the input to change the overall total energy the two have to split between, hence, the splitter)

you know what...

+1

I didn't watch the video, thought it was a picture 😂

but yeah, something like a daylight sensor from Minecraft would be pretty cool

(Don't mind everything I previously posted) XD

19 hours ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

but yeah, something like a daylight sensor from Minecraft would be pretty cool

yes, but a daylight sensor is a unique object, using a switch and a solar panel to made a daylight sensor let you can made many other things ... 🙂

and in my 1st post i write that the energy to operate the switch can be 0.01u/s, NO it must be 0.00u/s as worklight ... will be beter

On 11/20/2019 at 7:45 PM, xum said:

I inadvertently created an XOR gate probably by using an little bug because I do not understand why it works 🙂, moreover it is difficult to reproduce.
but it's so coool to can use few logic 😎

HOW!? I need this!

so, ask to dev to have switches !! 😄

in the meantime, my first attempt is hard to start/trim ... (but once set it starts at each launch of the game and never stops)
but now i have modified and simplified the process of a daylight sensor,  it _seem_ (!) stable and reproducible in both creation and survival mode !! 🙂
I'm going to test more to be sure,  because is a little 'on the edge' 😐 ..
if it run each time, I'll made a short video to show,  ... but without speak because my english is not good 😕