Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth Chase

Make Home bases destructable/packable

I accidentally placed a second one and now I can't get rid of it. Can't pack it up or destroy it. Please make this QoL a thing, don't really care if I have to destroy it to get rid of it and get no resources back.

17 hours ago, Kenneth Chase said:

I accidentally placed a second one and now I can't get rid of it. Can't pack it up or destroy it. Please make this QoL a thing, don't really care if I have to destroy it to get rid of it and get no resources back.

Try dynamite, the only solution for all your problems.

Currently there is no way to get rid of deployed shelters, ive been in same situation and that encouraged me even more for moving the main base

I mean, if you were to make enough shelters, you'd have unlimited power, at an actual good rate, so they must be good, right?

On 11/18/2019 at 7:35 AM, TMarcher74 said:

Try dynamite, the only solution for all your problems.

"Destroys any modules, platforms, trees, and other game objects the dynamite attaches to, with the exception of the Shelter and the drop site. "

- https://astroneer.gamepedia.com/Dynamite

On 11/18/2019 at 11:18 AM, tolyabi228 said:

Currently there is no way to get rid of deployed shelters

That's why I posted this in the section requesting certain additions/changes to the game.

On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, [7S]Vilynn said:

I mean, if you were to make enough shelters, you'd have unlimited power, at an actual good rate, so they must be good, right?

You're seriously suggesting it's a good thing to have all those giant clunky Shelters right next to each other? Are you a troll or something? It only produces 1 Unit/s per Shelter. Compared to even a Small Wind Turbine which produces 0.5 Units/s. You'd be better off using a combination of Small Solar Panels, Small Wind Turbines and Batteries instead of multiple Shelters. So you're insane or you must a troll to suggest that's a good thing.

Edited by Kenneth Chase

On 11/18/2019 at 2:35 PM, [7S]Vilynn said:

As well, the RTG produces 4 Units/s of unlimited power aka the equivalent of 4 Shelters so as soon as you have the ability to make one you'd look back at your multi-Shelter base construction and think: "Man, that was a dumb idea."

Dude, it was a joke, wow. I know that shelters only make 1A, and yes, I'd much rather make RTGs. Ever heard of sarcasm?

5 hours ago, [7S]Vilynn said:

Dude, it was a joke, wow. I know that shelters only make 1A, and yes, I'd much rather make RTGs. Ever heard of sarcasm?

Oh, you're totally right. No one and I mean absolutely no one would misconstrue your use of sarcasm in the context of defending the developers decision to make Shelters permanent. No one at all. The presence of sarcasm in your statement is totally on point and everyone would understand it immediately from reading it.