So astroneer in multiplayer on PS4 lags a helluva lot, to the point where it's unplayable with friends. I don't think it's anything host related, as I was on the other side of the solar system with no lag, but then tons when I got back. Please try to fix this so I can keep enjoying your game.

Same issue, I'm hosting on a PS4 Pro and my friend is joining from a normal PS4. I think it may have to do with the corrupted save bug, and his game was entirely slowed down from his own movement to the audio playing slowly, even after he quit to the main menu

Same problem here. Its unplayable.... why they sell it ? Oh i know... my money. Yep they have my money. Fix it fast, because if you test the game in multiplayer before you sell it, you will see that this is not okay. But i think important is the money of the gamer.... like anthem... better just buy a game if you wait 6 months and look if its playable. And hey... dont answer the community. Good job

For more than six months, Xbox users complain about lags and crashes. So far, there is no hint that developers can do something about it. PS4 uses a similar hardware platform, but a different API - so you will have to wait at least longer to solve problems.
   Corrections to the most serious bug with terrain desync had to wait almost a year. Developers, as a rule, do not roll out corrections to the game separately, but combine them with the next updates of the game. That is, it is not worth waiting for a solution to any problem soon. Draw your own conclusions.

Oh yes - forgot to say. The phrase "release" for these developers does not mean anything - if the game has any bugs, then they will quietly release a version of the game with them.
   That is, "We have released a version for PS4 - 90% of PS4 players will not work, but let's celebrate this event!" (c) With thoughts of your money - SystemEra

P.S. I really like this game - a breath of fresh air over the past 10 years, at least, but everything is somehow like that.

Same problem:

PS4 Multiplayer is unplayable. After ~2-5 minutes of joining a multiplayer game, the frame rate drops to an unplayable speed, the sound becomes distorted, and the game is completely unplayable for the client who joined. The host does not experience this problem while the client is having problems. Quitting the game and rejoining will restart the 2-5 minute timer until they are lagged out again.

Exact the same lag-issue here.

Found kind of a workaround meanwhile hopefully fixing this issue. (I think)

Start a new game and host can do the building while client gather stuff away from base. After a while the base area will start to lag for the client, little at first, and then more and more. However, if client is far away (went far enough to not see the base icon) it wont lag. The host can also join the scavenge without the lag.  If you should stray to close to the base it will start to lag. Restart game either by logging out or closing the entire app. Then repeat until the host has made two shuttles, stuff to bring etc.

Then get the hell out of there. We went to the moon and haven't encountered the lag so far, however, haven't spent too much time in hosts base, but driving near enough to see the icon many times. Also relog AFTER landing and exiting if you have the lag (Don't relog in space. I lost my ship and had to make a new one, which required 3 relogs because of the base lag).

Other stuff we tried is:

No active tethers: Lagged still

No tethers at all: Lagged still

Client staying under ground near base: Lagging still

Client goes on a scavenge far away by himself or with host: No lag (exept a hiccup when too far away and the game syncs both players. Also host can appear standing still somewhere but game fixes itself when in viewingdistance) However, clients tractor or trailers sometimes fall through the ground to second nearest cave underneath so make sure to put a beacon on either the tractor or trailer. Also waiting a while before exiting the seat seem to help. Might be an sync issue.

Went to the moon: No lag still. Tractor is working.

For the convenience I´ve made a single player game up to the state as my co-player just have to get into a shuttle ready to evac the lagfest and duplicated the save, since they break sometimes. :)

Yeah, it just now deleted my 10+ hours save, gotta love it when they release a game fully broken and unplayable.

yall gotta give the game devs more credit.

Sure the game lags but this has been an issue for quite some time on the x box platform and if there was an easy fix, it would've probably been released during the summer update!!

How long do you guys think it takes to fix a small bug, none the less a problem with the ENTIRE platform??? I don't know, but im sure it takes a while considering that every update rolls out at a month at a time.

Besides, servers are coming soon, so that will fix the problem to where instead of using the hosts Ip adress, it will use an actual server hosted by some computer somewhere in the clouds.

We give developers time to fix bugs. We continue to give it starting with the release of the alpha version (how many have already passed - two? Three years?). We continue to give it now - when the game now has serious problems on one platform (Xbox) and without solving the problems there, the developers added problems with another platform (PS4). We are trying to somehow explain to ourselves why the developers are not aware of the concepts of Release / ReleaseCandidate / Beta / Alpha / Stable, which any programmer who knows the fruits of his work and not only knows about.
   Now the squandering of our trust, patience and money continues. How long this will continue - we do not know yet.

1) I love the game, the devs have made a wonderful thing

2) The game is sold as COOP Sandbox.  Except for, coop doesn't work.

3) "it's been this way forever on other platforms"... LOL   Just.... wow.  Sounds like the networking should have been solved before trying to release to additional platforms then? 

4) You realize "Servers coming soon" has been shown for several years now? Just checking. I welcome the proper servers if it's going to make the game work.

5) Obviously all these videos that were created for the PS4 trailer were not made on the PS4. Otherwise we'd be watching a 1 FPS slide show.

6) Did I mention the "SANDBOX" part doesn't work either when all of your save files are corrupted and deleted for you?