SES_joe

The Creative Update - November 15th, 2019

Recommended Posts

Creative_Art.png

We have identified an issue with saving on PS4. We are working on a fix and will update you all on a timeline for hotfix deployment.

This issue has been addressed in HOTFIX 1.03. Thanks for your patience!

UPDATES

We have added a completely new game type within Astroneer: Creative Mode! Creative Mode is an optional game mode within Astroneer that allows players to explore and create without any limitations! Turn off Oxygen and Power consumption, spawn all craftable items, and use your terrain tool without having to manage sediment or augments. WARNING: Creative Mode can be turned on at any time, but doing so will completely disable achievements indefinitely in the active save. 

Creative Mode Features

Untitled-1.png

Creation Tool

The Creation Tool is a completely new terrain tool variant that is only accessible in Creative Mode. It has an on board infinite soil canister, and thus does not require Soil or Power. It also allows for entirely new functionality, Eyedrop Mode, and Paint Mode!

Asteroid Assembler 2019.11.14 - 11.45.35.51.mp4.00_02_28_06.Still001.jpg

Delivery Catalog
This custom version of the catalog comes with all EXO items unlocked, as well as new item categories to support additional content found in the world! This includes resource nuggets, researchable items, hazard seeds, etc.... Just select the item you want and press the button and it appears!

Duplicate and Deleting Items

Sequence 02 Copy 01_3.gif

Creative mode allows you to duplicate or delete any item an Astroneer can hold. Once held, press Backspace (d-pad left) to delete, and Enter (d-pad right) to duplicate.  

20191114195053_1.jpg

Terrain LOD Anchor

This new item "locks" terrain to it's highest resolution so that you can create large sculptures and view them from a distance. Only 7 may be active at any time for performance reasons, and activating more than 7 will cause the first one placed to deactivate. Use the menu option to toggle indicators on and off to quickly see at a glance where LOD anchors are and their status. 

Free Flight Mode

Press Spacebar or A/X twice to activate free flight mode! This will allow you to travel anywhere, and help you create large structures without the need of any supports!

20191114195956_1.jpg

Item Plinths

Plinths allow for rapid deployment of items directly from your backpack, and come in multiple categories:

  • Backpack Printer Plinth
  • Small Printer Plinth
  • Medium Printer Plinth
  • Large Printer Plinth
  • Resource Plinth

Simply place one on terrain or in your backpack and click on the currently selected hologram to deploy an item. Useful for pulling the same item out of your backpack repeatedly.

Customizable Creative Mode Experience

20191114200217_1.jpg

Click any of the boxes in the Creative Mode menu to completely customize your experience. Toggle Oxygen, Vehicle Fuel, Power, Invincibility, and more. 

Creation Tool Menu

creative2.gif

Activate the Creation Tool Menu by pressing R on keyboard, or Y/Triangle on controllers. This will allow you to choose colors, change brush size, adjust deform speed, and more. Only can be opened while the Creation Tool is equipped. 

BUGFIXES

Terrain Desync has been fixed. 
We’ve fixed the issue that was causing Terrain Desyncs to occur in multiplayer sessions. Unfortunately, this fix will most likely cause deformed areas in existing saves to display artifacts. The good news: after you clean up these artifacts, there should no longer be any issues with terrain desyncing for multiplayer sessions. 
Players should reach out to us if they see this issue occurring once this update goes live. 

Performance Optimizations

  • Optimized memory allocation on all platforms
  • Optimized terrain deformation on all platforms

Bugs

The following bugs have been fixed as of version 1.7.55.0

  • [AS-7007] - Players can no longer appear in unearned suits, palettes or visors by highlighting them in the customization menu then switching menu tabs at any point, or by highlighting them then exiting the menu.
  • [AS-8852] - Small canister is now auto pulled to medium canister when they are both on separate storage
  • [AS-9056] - Saving and reloading at various states does not result in a partial nugget being created from the Chemistry Lab
  • [AS-8394] - Fixed a bug that caused Players to become not joinable when loading a save after they have previously Saved and Exited to the main menu
  • [AS-8787] - Centrifuge will not longer break for clients when returning to relevance after centrifuge is finished.

Thanks so much for reading! We are so excited to get this update into your hands and see all the incredible things you will create!

-jt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend and I (both on second gen Ryzen PCs with rx500 video cards) are having issues with terrain on old saves. His base on Vesania was built on a large flat surface that we made, when the update came it built terrain right over his base :(image.thumb.png.a6eca0248cbdd7791e3b5bc0869befcb.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cattlepsy said:

A friend and I (both on second gen Ryzen PCs with rx500 video cards) are having issues with terrain on old saves. His base on Vesania was built on a large flat surface that we made, when the update came it built terrain right over his base :(

As mentioned in the patch notes abive, this is a one-time problem to fix terrain desync. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

gotcha, yea i didnt see that part on the first read. Unfortunate but I guess thats how it goes sometimes. dont think we've lost any resources so far so it could be worse for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question:

Can I start my save game, turn on creative mode, play in creative mode (whilst in my save game), exit creative mode, go back to playing in my save game without creative mode, and save the game? 

Can I go from save game to creative mode back to save game? 
Can I incorporate creative mode play into my save game?
Can I open my save game, ingage creative mode, play for a while, then go back to regular mode and earn achievements?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Can I open my save game, ingage creative mode, play for a while, then go back to regular mode and earn achievements?

No. Achievements are disabled and won't turn back on when you flip the Creative switch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uhm I can't belive you actually spent time to add this mode.

Instead to make the game more challening and less boring a God-mode has been added. o.O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nekudotaim said:

Uhm I can't belive you actually spent time to add this mode.

Instead to make the game more challening and less boring a God-mode has been added. o.O

It is nothing I will use either @Nekudotaim however I can understand people wanting this as an update and playing in this mode as well. 
Plus there will be a December update that I'm sure we will both enjoy. So we only have 30 or so days to wait. That's not so bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello all... *sigh*

Well what to say, this is SO useless and disappointing I cannot even describe HOW. I was hoping creative update will let us be more creative in the game - maybe add more tools to work with voxels, or ability to craft voxels primitives or something!!! But no! The game didn't get even lod anchor for the ppl who want to actually play the game. Right... we have now useless mode - build away! But I want to ask everyone and devs: how satisfactory u think this building will be in a long term when we do not need even lift a finger or go anywhere to get everything? What about exploration?

Right... u know, I didn't get any update. Cos I surely not gonna play the useless mode - that is NOT the game. In fact, I am not going to play at all until I get the ability to research and craft lod anchor, endless fly anchor and creative gun (without cheats like endless soil or colour palette) IN THE GAME.

Sorry about all the frustration in the post, I just had to let devs know... in case devs even read this... cya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why wasn't the chem lab that broke with groundworks fixed?

Edited by Harlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Mio said:

But I want to ask everyone and devs: how satisfactory u think this building will be in a long term when we do not need even lift a finger or go anywhere to get everything? What about exploration?

Play adventure mode for satisfying crafting and discovery. Play Creative mode to mess around. Pretty simple stuff really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

Play adventure mode for satisfying crafting and discovery. Play Creative mode to mess around. Pretty simple stuff really. 

If I will have to choose between crafting / discovery and creativity I am sure there will be some other game which will be able to combine these things in ONE game :) I just wish that would be Astroneer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mio said:

If I will have to choose between crafting / discovery and creativity I am sure there will be some other game which will be able to combine these things in ONE game :) I just wish that would be Astroneer...

You can also turn Creative on, godmode off, and avoid plinths and flight. That way you've nearly got the normal game with the flexibility of the new options. If they'd add the option to remove infinite soil you'd be set to play the regular game with lod anchors. If you treat that as endgame content anyway it wouldn't really affect the research arc. 

(I'm guessing switching between modes preserves research progress in normal mode) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mio said:

hello all... *sigh*

Well what to say, this is SO useless and disappointing I cannot even describe HOW. I was hoping creative update will let us be more creative in the game - maybe add more tools to work with voxels, or ability to craft voxels primitives or something!!! But no! The game didn't get even lod anchor for the ppl who want to actually play the game. Right... we have now useless mode - build away! But I want to ask everyone and devs: how satisfactory u think this building will be in a long term when we do not need even lift a finger or go anywhere to get everything? What about exploration?

Right... u know, I didn't get any update. Cos I surely not gonna play the useless mode - that is NOT the game. In fact, I am not going to play at all until I get the ability to research and craft lod anchor, endless fly anchor and creative gun (without cheats like endless soil or colour palette) IN THE GAME.

Sorry about all the frustration in the post, I just had to let devs know... in case devs even read this... cya!

+1
Can't say I disagree with anything posted here
 

How satisfactory building long term? No, not long term. Well, maybe some people get satisfaction from just pushing a button? 
Exploration? No, no exploration expansion.

I've scanned this forum and I can't find any requests for God mode. Maybe on other platforms people were clamouring for cheat mode? I'm only here so I don't know but maybe there was a huge outcry for it? If there was then it makes sense to make this update to satisfy the demand.

The only good thing, IMHO, is that the next update is only a month away! It will be very easy to forget all about this update as we won't be using it. So just pretend that there wasn't a November update! That's what I'm a gonna do!

Whatca got fer us December update?!?!?!?!? 
Gimmie a leak! 

Edited by The Touch of Grey Gamer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm seeing the light beam coming from the gateway chambers on Sylvia
I tried to land at a LZ and(I'm guessing due to the amount of terrain desync?)The ship got to the field of floating debris(just a few feet from the ground) and then the rockets went full throttle and I went back into orbit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Nekudotaim said:

Uhm I can't belive you actually spent time to add this mode.

Instead to make the game more challening and less boring a God-mode has been added. o.O

Uhhh... You know, LOADS of people think creative is fun. Its not God Mode, its creative. Not much to say about the more challenging part, but you can set personal goals, like to make a base on atrox or get 100 RTGs or collect all chess pieces. Just sayin😕

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now