SES_joe

The Creative Update - November 15th, 2019

What kind of creative mode is this if you can't place different astroneer characters in your scenes or start on an different planet?

They should of just call this "Cheat MODE Update".

7 hours ago, TheChris2009 said:

Uhhh... You know, LOADS of people think creative is fun.
I assumed that many people had been asking for creative mode. Not on this forum so much but maybe on other platforms? 

Its not God Mode, its creative.
That seems to be splitting hairs 

Not much to say about the more challenging part, but you can set personal goals, like to make a base on atrox or get 100 RTGs or collect all chess pieces. Just sayin😕

Why can't you do this in the game? I have a base on Atrox. I have a base on every planet. I have 25 RTG's. I have collected all of the chess pieces. Have you not seen my pic of my junk yard? 
I have to set my own personal goals as SES sets none for me. I've been setting my own personal goals forever. If you want to play past the very few tasks it takes to complete the game you have to set your own goals. Creative update did not provide this to the player. It has been there since pre release. 
I'm not understanding your reasoning. I've done everything you suggested (and more) without a cheat mode. 

Really the only thing that the cheat mode provides was a hover mechanism for the jet packs. If the regular game had that option, everything created in cheat mode could be created in game. It is just the flying/hovering/movement ability in the air that is making all the difference. Everything else I saw can be done in game. Lights on chess boards? I did that the first day they came out! I did that to see if I could use them as markers, way points, indicators. Spelling 'creative' in lights is not new. Is not creative. I did it day one when the chess board was released. Not that big a deal. 
Placing multiple platforms? That is a big deal? I have literally hundreds of platforms. That ability is nothing new to me. 
Tell me where I'm wrong. I love to learn!

2 hours ago, Mak-a-Face said:

What kind of creative mode is this if you can't place different astroneer characters in your scenes or start on an different planet?

They should of just call this "Cheat MODE Update".

You have all the tools right there, you could activate all the cores within minutes, just fly down with speed max.

56 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I get it, your tired of setting your own goals,  and i respect that. Also, maybe they riding ask for it, but when I heard about it I saw that people were excited. Hey, maybe this update isn’t for you, to me you seem like someone who wants to do everything, and might have some fun in the beginning, but after that, it’s just grind. Not trying to seem judgmental, it’s my honest opinion.

8 minutes ago, TheChris2009 said:

I get it, your tired of setting your own goals,  and i respect that. Also, maybe they riding ask for it, but when I heard about it I saw that people were excited. Hey, maybe this update isn’t for you, to me you seem like someone who wants to do everything, and might have some fun in the beginning, but after that, it’s just grind. Not trying to seem judgmental, it’s my honest opinion.

Honesty appreciated +1

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Tell me where I'm wrong. I love to learn!

+1001 for the whole post! This is exactly what I wanted to say, and thank you for your support, TOGG, means alot knowing I am not alone in this. And the love for the learning is so rare trait these days *cheers* :). In the modern gaming communities very loud and massive voices "oh! the game is too hard!" like noone wants to play anymore just to have, everything and now. All the games I played becoming easier and easier with every update. This why all the hand holding, all the quests telling where to go, what to do - not because devs want it so, because there is demand for it, selling the best... sad.

So... thank you! :)

48 minutes ago, TheChris2009 said:

You have all the tools right there, you could activate all the cores within minutes, just fly down with speed max.

If you download the trainer from cheathappens.com, you can do the same thing.

Here's what you get.

• Easy Resource Gathering
  • Unlimited Bytes
  • Super Speed
  • Super Health
  • Super Jump/Fly Mode
  • Infinite Oxygen
  • Unlimited Battery

Looks like it's pretty much the same thing. I guess they won't need to put out anymore trainers for Astroneer now that Astroneer has it's our CHEAT MODE.

12 hours ago, TheChris2009 said:

Uhhh... You know, LOADS of people think creative is fun. Its not God Mode, its creative. Not much to say about the more challenging part, but you can set personal goals, like to make a base on atrox or get 100 RTGs or collect all chess pieces. Just sayin😕

I suppose I could, but I don't like doing it, in any game I play. Last time I did maybe was in 1995 for Doom 2 in which I had to record a demo showing I could complete the first level in the lowest time possibile, and send the demo in a floppy to a game magazine. A couple of weeks later they published the winner, he wasn't me although he spent a time higher than mine so I should have been the winner but maybe my floppy disc got lost or whatever.

On 11/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Mio said:

hello all... *sigh*

Well what to say, this is SO useless and disappointing I cannot even describe HOW. I was hoping creative update will let us be more creative in the game - maybe add more tools to work with voxels, or ability to craft voxels primitives or something!!! But no! The game didn't get even lod anchor for the ppl who want to actually play the game. Right... we have now useless mode - build away! But I want to ask everyone and devs: how satisfactory u think this building will be in a long term when we do not need even lift a finger or go anywhere to get everything? What about exploration?

Right... u know, I didn't get any update. Cos I surely not gonna play the useless mode - that is NOT the game. In fact, I am not going to play at all until I get the ability to research and craft lod anchor, endless fly anchor and creative gun (without cheats like endless soil or colour palette) IN THE GAME.

Sorry about all the frustration in the post, I just had to let devs know... in case devs even read this... cya!

+1 to this

I'd postpone building creative mode until there's really nothing else to build to make the game more fun.

How about adding more challenge?..

Edited by NXJ

So yay what 3ish years r something (earlyaccess ) I'm finally able to play, but again a new start with every update, how many updates have we had now? Wanna guess how many new games I've started? I got unlocked as far as glacio my last play, then after the update it ran like crap, should I just stop playing or play offline and stop updating it, cause I'm burnt out always having to start over for like literally 100th time 

17 hours ago, mumbles mumbles said:

So yay what 3ish years r something (earlyaccess ) I'm finally able to play, but again a new start with every update, how many updates have we had now? Wanna guess how many new games I've started? I got unlocked as far as glacio my last play, then after the update it ran like crap, should I just stop playing or play offline and stop updating it, cause I'm burnt out always having to start over for like literally 100th time 

You don't need to start over at each update.

3 hours ago, Nekudotaim said:

You don't need to start over at each update.

His/her game doesn't run well after each update. That seems like something the devs need to fix

My big save got messed up too. As was totally expected.

Is this worth allowing multiplayers not to have to deal with that phantom dirt reappearing in tunnels? Absolutely.

Me and my wife play this and LOVE it, but yall gotta fix this lag. Multiplayer frame lag is horrendous. Cant play with friends or my wife anymore, I assume because I have so much stuff that I've needed to progress through the game.

Edited by Wyvyrias
Removed quote.

@kilowas it seriously necessary to quote whole patch notes in order to write these two lines? :\

I have no slightest idea why ppl doing this again and again and again...

16 hours ago, Mio said:

@kilowas it seriously necessary to quote whole patch notes in order to write these two lines? :\

I have no slightest idea why ppl doing this again and again and again...

I don’t know how to comment without the quote you bum. Is it seriously necessary to hop on my boat? 

Amazing (fun) update @SES_joe and SES team! Had a load of laughs with a squad trying to mine away Desolo and blow up massive craters with hydrazine... 0.5FPS was the lowest I let it go before triggering the asplosion! 😂

As for the whingers, why all the ungrateful posts like you're entitled to something? Go elsewhere unless you're going to post constructive criticism and leave emotion at the door; how would you like me to tell you that your work is useless, because what you do isn't exactly  what I want? Moronic.

7 hours ago, kilo said:

I don’t know how to comment without the quote you bum. Is it seriously necessary to hop on my boat? 

Yes. Despite being new to this forum (welcome!), posting etiquette across the entire internet says you don't quote a wall of text, with nigh zero following content... The option to Reply is down the bottom of each page, or quote a post and delete the irrelevant content.

2019-11-24 (18).png

2019-11-24 (22).png

2019-11-24 (12).png

2 hours ago, Colude said:

As for the whingers, why all the ungrateful posts like you're entitled to something? Go elsewhere unless you're going to post constructive criticism and leave emotion at the door; how would you like me to tell you that your work is useless, because what you do isn't exactly  what I want? Moronic.

@Colude there is a difference between reading and comprehending what one reads. 

Some just some of the other professions in which one needs to have a thick skin:
Professional athlete
Politician
Game developer
Playwright 
Actor
Chef
Newscaster
Sportscaster
Social media anything
Television personality
Police Chief
Police officer
Any public official 
Any retail worker
And so many more!

Long before anyone enters any of these professions they should be fully aware of the pitfalls of doing so. If they don't, it is on them. 
Second, there are monitors of this forum. If someone were to step out of line, they know what to do
Third, the only emotion I read is yours
Fourth, I usually provide grades on all updates and always inject my opinions. Tell me, show me where my grading is wrong. I love to learn and am always looking to expand my horizons.  

Cheers!

On 11/16/2019 at 3:09 AM, Mio said:

hello all... *sigh*

Well what to say, this is SO useless and disappointing I cannot even describe HOW. I was hoping creative update will let us be more creative in the game - maybe add more tools to work with voxels, or ability to craft voxels primitives or something!!! But no! The game didn't get even lod anchor for the ppl who want to actually play the game. Right... we have now useless mode - build away! But I want to ask everyone and devs: how satisfactory u think this building will be in a long term when we do not need even lift a finger or go anywhere to get everything? What about exploration?

Right... u know, I didn't get any update. Cos I surely not gonna play the useless mode - that is NOT the game. In fact, I am not going to play at all until I get the ability to research and craft lod anchor, endless fly anchor and creative gun (without cheats like endless soil or colour palette) IN THE GAME

Whinge as hell. Pile of garbage.

On 11/16/2019 at 12:02 AM, Nekudotaim said:

Uhm I can't belive you actually spent time to add this mode.

Instead to make the game more challening and less boring a God-mode has been added. o.O

Entitled.

On 11/15/2019 at 4:28 PM, Mytos said:

Nice features, but without "True Flat"...

Again, very disappointing!

Entitled.

25 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

@Coludethere is a difference between reading and comprehending what one reads. 

Long before anyone enters any of these professions they should be fully aware of the pitfalls of doing so. If they don't, it is on them. 

Second, there are monitors of this forum. If someone were to step out of line, they know what to do
Third, the only emotion I read is yours
Fourth, I usually provide grades on all updates and always inject my opinions. Tell me, show me where my grading is wrong. I love to learn and am always looking to expand my horizons.  

Cheers!

Constructive criticism is fine, and of course devs need to be able to take that criticism with the salt it deserves, but whiny forum posts are not beneficial to anyone. I wasn't targeting your post if it doesn't fit the mould I described.

hm :) well there is the saying "you cannot please everyone". I think in trying to please everyone Astroneer slowly losing it's original charm. But, this is just my opinion and I am just one player who plays the game, I felt like I need to voice it and I did. I am sure there are many ppl who don't like it. About being constructive... well, just have a look in suggestions forum, I am sure there are tons and tons constructive ideas which just slowly being lost to time. And since I do not feel like repeating same things I posted I just stopped. And if I will not be among "pleased" players for a long time I will just quietly disappear, it's np. Life is goes on, right? :)