YWHY

New way of transporting items

If you are on a big adventure collecting either soil, scraps or resources it can be difficult to return all those items into your base, especially if you have multiple rooms, each dedicated to a certain machine or storage area. Now it would be great if there would be a conveyor belt or a pipe waiting for you at the entrance which would automatically transport resources to a certain room. Of course there could also be some kind of a filter which would determine what item can go through it and in certain direction and drop the item into the platform or storage. The item would be considered as an end item, so it would perhaps cost rubber and a very valuable metal. Also the transportation would cost some power so it's not too op. It would be created/placed just like the extenders ( a number of that item as one). There should also be some kind of junction, thats where the filters would become useful.

I hope this sketch can show you the idea as much as possible.

Pipe or conveyor.png

I think that maybe the tethers could also serve as an item transportation system if they are connected to platforms or storage (they would have to become items that can be placed on T1 slots to do so) to where if your inventory is full, all the items that would normally just fall out can just magically levitate along the tether path you lied down on your way down a cave system. you could also simply grab the items as they are on their way

1 hour ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

I think that maybe the tethers could also serve as an item transportation system if they are connected to platforms or storage (they would have to become items that can be placed on T1 slots to do so) to where if your inventory is full, all the items that would normally just fall out can just magically levitate along the tether path you lied down on your way down a cave system. you could also simply grab the items as they are on their way

That would be too op, unless there could be a new type of tethers for item transport as well. They should be at least expensive to make so you can't make them too quickly.

14 hours ago, YWHY said:

If you are on a big adventure collecting either soil, scraps or resources it can be difficult to return all those items into your base, especially if you have multiple rooms, each dedicated to a certain machine or storage area. Now it would be great if there would be a conveyor belt or a pipe waiting

I would prefer a pneumatic tube 
Three different size tubes with capacity to match
The small tube can transport resources only, the medium tube larger items and/or multiple resources and the largest any packaged items and smaller
A new machine (or more) that would produce the atmospheric pressure needed to push the items

And maybe in creative mode, Astroneers could be transported via the tube? 🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♂️🤸‍♀️ 

This should cos quite a bit of resources because after each update the game is getting easier and easier to a point that it is actually getting a tiny bit boring.

I've suggested a pneumatic tube small item transfer some time ago, that can move items between platforms in two different ways:

On 11/15/2019 at 11:36 AM, Igoooor said:

I've suggested a pneumatic tube small item transfer some time ago, that can move items between platforms in two different ways:

My bad, I was searching any posts under "conveyor belt" in case someone already suggested that.

There have been a lot of "make some kind of conveyor belt" threads, but nothing really refined... Plus - belts in 3d are complicated!

My intention was to create something that uses existing game mechanics (to be easily implemented) and forces players to do things in a structured way...