tbang341

Endgame Prompt Unavailable due to Shelter (Mildly Humorous)

SPOILERS

Hey y'all, I was about to finish the game, and I'd placed a Shelter at the center of the Unidentified Satellite (US), and now I can't finish the game. Unfortunately, I didn't know that the center of the US was needed to prompt the end of the game. I'm not sure what I'd need to do, as the thing with the Shelter is that it isn't removable. Funny thing was I actually thought to put a Field Shelter there, but alas I didn't. 

Seeing as how this is a core feature of the game, I didn't find it necessary to list my build, but I can do so if it's found to be helpful. 

Played on Steam on PC, using keyboard and mouse

I was completing the game, and had placed the last object onto the US, and had all the rings looping around. Confused as to where the prompt was, I looked up a video of someone completing it, and saw my mistake. 

As far as a solution, some sort of way to prevent an object from being placed in the center would be the most straight forward way I could see. The issue being that Astro has its core mechanics around that sort of creativity, but I think something that halts game progression should be allowed an exception. Some sort of warning, or something like that would prevent this. I don't think I'm the only person that saw, "oh, that's a real cool place, I'm gonna put my base there," and then went, "oh, wow, on this platform there's this circle in the middle. Shelters are circles, and there's these cool circle platforms I could put around it!"

Additionally, the reason for this was that I wasn't familiar with that the objects created at the cores were used for this mechanic, and so I'd sunk a fair number of hours to where the resources for, and ability to make other bases, didn't come after the knowledge that the game could not be played in this way.

Actually, a far easier solution would be to just raise up the central object above Shelter height. That's a far easier fix. I'll leave the previous notes in.

Try to blow it with dynamite? I'm not exactly sure how satelite itself would react on that... :)

Edited by Mio

I tried to use a single bit of Dynamite, but it didn't do the trick. I was so excited when I read that idea, too! Back to the drawing board it seems.