[7S]Vilynn

Backpack Upgrades

Ok, so, first post, here we go! If this was already posted, I'm really sorry, I went through a few pages to see if I could find anything like what I'm writing about, but I didn't see anything, so, hopefully not plagiarizing... On to the post!
So, first of all, credit to Bishop of Calidor Adolescent I, for the joke that got me on this train of thought. They made a joke about placing marbles on your terrain tool to unlock a secret planet, but you can't actually put T2 items on your person, so I thought "Hey! Storage upgrade!", and so I thought of the Backpack Upgrade A, and Backpack Upgrade B(Referred to as BUA and BUB later)

BUA: Adds an additional 6 T1 slots to your backpack, costs 1.5KB to research, and 1 Aluminum Alloy to craft, now, this actually uses a spot on your pack(not necessarily a widget slot), and opens a smaller, additional inventory to the left of your main inventory when on your person, this means that the inventory is removable, and some of you will probably think "What happens to items in the side inventory when the side inventory is deactivated?", well, like any packaged building with items on it, it simply drops the items it was holding onto the ground. Now, numbers here are loose, and I'm not sure if SES will decide to use the exact numbers or not, up to them. On to BUB!

BUB: Adds a T2 slot (Woah, crazy!) to your person above the O2 bar (maybe), and for costs, it costs 4.5KB, and 1 Titanium Alloy to craft. Operates much the same way to the BUA in other regards, however. Now, for you smart people out there, yes, that would mean that you could have infinite O2(Oxygenator), and go wherever you want, or have massively increased storage capacity(Medium Silo), or "UNLIMITED POWER!" with an RTG(Gotta let out my inner Chancellor Palpatine), but what I mainly considered this for was for a thruster. Yes, a thruster. But, to use this in the air, you'd need a widget slot to activate it, so, not sure how that would work. But yes, you can fly around, and then release your inner Superman and fly supersonic for a little bit, this inventory would stay visible after closing your main inventory, and would point straight backwards, so when you're flying, you can go fast!

Now, this wasn't the only idea I had, I also thought of Character Upgrades, Base Upgrades, and Rover Upgrades! Stay tuned for other ideas! Y'know, if you want to.
Vilynn out! Peace!

I think giving a medium slot to the player would really be too much. You could attach a seat with a player inside who has a seat with a player inside who has a seat...

Also getting few more small slots would be like astronium cost level for me as this throws off the balance of the game.

I would tend to make some kind of upgrade building to change the players backpack instead of some attachment...

23 hours ago, Igoooor said:

I think giving a medium slot to the player would really be too much. You could attach a seat with a player inside who has a seat with a player inside who has a seat...

Also getting few more small slots would be like astronium cost level for me as this throws off the balance of the game.

I would tend to make some kind of upgrade building to change the players backpack instead of some attachment...

Oh lol, I can totally imagine that ,it would be bizarre.

Let me give some of my ideas, If they add upgrades then they could add pockets which has 1 slot, then a slot on the helmet where we can attach a work light or a flood light, then an upgrade for the catalogue which will have a mini map with the compass and also it will produce 10 bytes per 50 steps taken, then the upgrade for the backpack will also give it a bigger oxygen tank and more battery capacity. You can add on to these ideas if you any more or replace them too.

Edited by TMarcher74

I mean, while it would look bizarre, the guy can carry an entire spaceship that's fully decked out with heavy stuff, so, and I don't feel like that's totally out of line... And I'm sure some form of balance can be found

I believe those are items, and with the designations on the sides of the items, I think it's some kind of portable small printer, but, hey, could be wrong. Find out in a week!

Edited by [7S]Vilynn