Drl

1.6.49 - Xbox One - Crashes Midgame and on Save

After installing the "Groundwork Update" on XB1, the game consistently crashes in one of two ways. First, it consistently crashes upon saving that is triggered by entering a vehicle or habitat. Second, it sometimes (randomly) crashes mid game without warning. At crash there is a sudden loud audio hum, without an error message or anything, and it returns to the Xbox dashboard. All progress since the last save is lost. 

This has only occurred after installing the update (never happened to me before). My game save is probably large because I've been playing for months. 

So far I've tried clearing the Xbox cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, and neither has worked. I'm playing the game directly from the XB1 hard drive so my next try is to install the game to an external drive. 

But this is bad: It renders the game unplayable if you can't save progress.

Tried using an external SSD, I was able to save a few times before the crash-on-save happened again. If anybody is paying attention, I'll again point out the obvious that having a game that won't reliably save your progress is a deal-killer but also: It's no fun to play when you're aware that your game may crash at any second. So I'm not playing astroneer anymore at least until there's some official acknowledgment of the problem and patch. Too bad, it's one of my favorites. 

I am experiencing the same on XB1. Also, the digger/paver combo on a large rover Is crashing it constantly, struggling to make any mining progress. What’s the point in having these things available if they’ve not been tested for crashing!!!