Liquids added to Astroneer could add new challenges and enrich crafting even more.

How would you interact with Liquids?

Either add new toggle functionality to the Terrain Tool by default, making it no longer just a "Terrain Tool" or just add a terrain tool mod that only allows the collection and dispelling of liquids. I'm thinking you could make the now unique looking Hydrazine canisters into general Liquid canisters, or just make a new type of canister if you must.

So, water on planets?

Not just water! Other liquids! Liquids that can be used in crafting! Liquids of different viscosity and liquids that are dangerous or safe to dive into. Water, Lava, Corrosives, Mercury, Oil, Other sciencey crap that I don't know of lol. 

What else can you do with em' other than make exploration and crafting more challenging?

Farming! Plants of different planets could have adapted unique ways to gain sustenance! Maybe H20 makes some plants even wilt! Perhaps they need liquids that are most prevelant on their home planet! Who knows! You will! When you experiment to find out what each plant needs! Use them for crafting tons of weird gadgets maybe even refine the recipes of existing items to add more balance to their cost.

So what there's gonna be all these annoying oceans that make it hard to get anywhere?

I vote for mostly no Oceans, only small pools of Liquid maybe lakes on appropriate planets with infinite supply because idk how difficult it would be to process a huge body of changable liquid. If there was Oceans, it should only be on one planet like Sylva or an entirely new oceanic planet. Maybe transparent solid Ice lakes on glacio would be cool.

Nope, their physics is too complex to mantein and simulate on a such variable and vast environment. It would be cpu killer and infinite bugs source.

13 hours ago, Nekudotaim said:

Nope, their physics is too complex to mantein and simulate on a such variable and vast environment. It would be cpu killer and infinite bugs source.

Well yes but actually no, the physics are not that simple too, rover physics are quite complicated but water for some reason doesn't feel like it would fit well with astroneer.
How would liquids act in astroneer? I have no idea, but yes ,it will create many bugs if not done correctly.

57 minutes ago, The Power Of Grayskull said:

I imagined something translucent with the surface comprised of Triangles similar to the terrain but moving about. Thought that'd be cool.

Damn straight it'd be cool!
But as others have mentioned, liquid has the potential to cause boo boos 
Keep the ideas coming! Don't let this stop you from participating! 
Remember: you have the power

I imagine some liquid style in Astroneer. Something like... the game called Poly Bidge.

This going to be great challenge!

I love it!

23 hours ago, [7S]Vilynn said:

You'd have more power with an RTG...

8 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

+1 😃

I actually exclusively use RTG's for all power. If I'm driving anything bigger than a buggy, plop an RTG on and fuhgettabout it. I made something like 14 RTG's for my mission to activate all gateways, and I think I made extra ones later, and all my bases on almost all planets have at least two, and my home base has like 6 so you could say IIIIIII HAAAVE THE POOOOOWERRRRR!

11 hours ago, T0efL said:

I imagine some liquid style in Astroneer. Something like... the game called Poly Bidge.

This going to be great challenge!

I love it!

That is actually exactly what I imagined! That really helps to describe my vision.