T0efL

Introduce Digging Elevator!

Soooooo so long time! How are you guys doing?

Alright! It's might be too late to showing this because, there were so many updates while I made by animation.

However, this Digging elevator can be more comfort to going up and down than Jetpack!

Digging elevator can saves more time and don't have to make slope for going up.

Digging elevator going straightly  to underground,  so if you start to dig other planet that you didn't setup anything for digging, you don't have to bring many stuffs for going down.

Digging elevator can be one of the best way to going down. You can question it, "You can also going straight if you use Jetpack?"

For the answer, Digging elevator can save resources.

As you know Jetpack use 2 hydrazine to flying the sky, but Digging elevator only use electronic that is same as vehicles.

Once you make Digging elevator, you don't have to use resources while you going up, and save more hydrazine before you use in underground.

It can be bring much more effective advantages!

+100, welcome back and awesome job on the video ,again. I like your idea, it should have a slot below it where we can attach the drill so that the elevator can drill its way into the ground. This item can make travelling to the core so much easier, this item has a  lot of potential, awesome idea :D

15 hours ago, Haze33E said:

Interesting Idea I think it would need to be a platform module. 

@Haze33E Thanks for comment and yes I also think digging elevator gonna be platform module.

13 hours ago, Khord said:

I like it, but how would you call it down or up?

@Khord What do you mean down or up? You mean the model's name?

@TMarcher74 Good to see you again! After done this work, now I start to make 2 more things. I hope these two ideas can be surprise all of us! And Thanks for comment!

15 minutes ago, TMarcher74 said:

why nope? The idea is brilliant.

I don't see the point why a player should enclose himself in such a grave-tubular sarcophagus like and start a blind descent into a planet's surface and there remain for the ethernity?

I only judged this idea but if I should propose an alternative closes to this, I'd prefer a whole tier of elevator platforms - not drillers tho - only to ascend descend, from smalled size to contain a medium rover or two to bigger sized for larger large rover's trains. But still if one already dug into lower levels via tunnels I don't see a specific pourpose to these in the actual state of the game.

Edited by Nekudotaim

cool animation and a nice idea, but i have to agree with  @Nekudotaim that there is no in game reason to build such a thing. with the introduction of pavers rovers solve the same thing but much better. i mean if you get down via a digging elevator you are on your own - only your backpack storage with no mobile oxygen and power supply like the rover provides... so you have to come up with a concept to balance this against a drill-paver-rover (apart from a cool video).

for example you could say that the elevator cable actually works like a full power cable. to make use of that one would need a special platform that could attach to an existing drill shaft and would also provide means to calling the elevator to that platform. anyhow, once connected you would have power supply from you main base that you could use to set up an underground outpost. that's still a niche as such a base has not so much practical use i fear.

and to make this work you need to be able to transport stuff. okay your elevator must have a downwards t2 attachment to be able to attach a drill - so it could potentially be used to load medium storage silos. if that would have an automation option - i.e. one put in a storage, sends it away upwards, where on the upper station is set to automatically pull whatever is connected to elevator. make the lift go up and down automatically until all stuff from the lower platform is moved to the top and you would have a neat resource lift - albeit a slow one as it can take only one silo at a time. still, that's at least something.

if on the other hand the rovers would be nerfed this concept might actually start to become quite interesting. basically, if the drill and paver consumed way more energy and drilling through hard rock would be severely slowed down (even with the best drill) then this idea of yours would start looking far more tempting. hmm, maybe instead of giving better drills drilling speed improvements it would be better to have drill tear instead: drills suffer from wear and tear if they drill rocks - the harder the rocks the greater the tear. and once torn the drill can only be scrapped and replaced by a new one. basically this would make drills a consumable (even the diamond drill should tear down after a long while) and maybe even give the lower drills more meaning as they are far faster and cheaper to build.

@Nekudotaim @Killtech I finally understand what you guys want to says. First time when I start to imagine something, I always think "What if~?" Purely. And then, make it! The reason I making animation is animation can explain easily that I want to saying. It's kinds of advertisement. and that's going to be main problem.

I plan to make more prototype that included all feedback and discussions. So, thanks for feedback!

@Jason Taylor Thanks for comment!