Sign in to follow this  
Diantane

Medium canister automation for resource production

Put a full medium canister on one end of a large platform B and a medium storage or silo on the other end with a Soil Centrifuge in the middle. You need to use two small canisters to prime the centrifuge, but they will refill automatically by the medium canister. After you run the centrifuge, the medium canister will automatically fill the machine again.

You can also do this with two medium canisters on the left wing of an extra large platform C (the medium canisters must be placed directly on the platform (can't use a large storage)) and two medium silos (can't use Large Silo B) on the other side with two soil centrifuges in the center.  You will need one extra small canister for the automation to work. 

I like this setup a lot better than the old way of using a ton of small canisters and having to sort through all the resources and small canisters later on. This way I only have to remove one small canister from one of the silos and I'll have say, 47 ammonium ready to be processed at the Chem Lab for Hydrazine.

thanks! I just tested it with 2 small canisters - it works beautifully :D

On 11/1/2019 at 5:49 PM, Diantane said:

Put a full medium canister on one end of a large platform B and a medium storage or silo on the other end with a Soil Centrifuge in the middle. You need to use two small canisters to prime the centrifuge, but they will refill automatically by the medium canister. After you run the centrifuge, the medium canister will automatically fill the machine again.

Is this in perpetuity? 

When the Medium Storage runs out of soil, replace it before running the Soil Centrifuge again (don't let it run dry). If you replace the empty Medium Canister, the Soil Centrifuge won't have to be primed again. I only wish they would allow us to use a Large Silo B to have 12 medium canisters that would work with this scenario. The only break we get is when you use two Medium Canisters on an Extra Large Platform C.

When you use a Medium Storage (skid) on the end of the Large B platform, you have to remove one of the resources as it hits the table if you are making resin, compound or organic (so there is room for the full Small Canister).. When you upgrade to a Medium Silo, that issue is eliminated.

Edited by Diantane