Large Platform C tweak

Mio

Hello all! :)

Somehow Large Platform C fell out of usage for me because it is not handy everytime make a run around the corner to look/grab whatever there on the arms, so here is the thought:

what if arms of the Large Platform C could be manually rotated 120 degrees towards the front of the platform, same tech as medium storage expand/collapse mechanism.

What do u think?

Large Platform B with 2 Medium Storage Silos is basically just a better version of Large Platform C.  Even with 1 Medium Storage Silo you have 4 extra storage slots. They could honestly just scrap Large platform C it wasn't very good to begin with and now it's pretty much obsolete.

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2019 at 1:07 PM, Haze33E said:

Large Platform B with 2 Medium Storage Silos is basically just a better version of Large Platform C.  Even with 1 Medium Storage Silo you have 4 extra storage slots. They could honestly just scrap Large platform C it wasn't very good to begin with and now it's pretty much obsolete.

I agree it's obsolete with the introduction of the Silos. But I was sure using those Platform C's before! Smelter, Centrifuge, ChemLab, AtmExtractor.....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the reason you would use LPC (Large Platform C) is that it's a little cheaper than creating an LPB and 1-2 additional silos, the same reason that someone would use a medium battery as opposed to a medium silo filled with small batteries. Adding extra costs more, but is more space-efficient. I believe that an LPC is 3 iron, as opposed to an LPB with a silo being 2 Titanium and 3 Resin, which is technically more than the 3 iron you can get, according to scrap, with 3 iron costing 4.5 scrap each, and 1 LPB with a silo costing 5.5 scrap each. So, yes, it's better, in terms of space, to use the LPB with a silo, but it's better, in terms of cost, to get the LPC. Same thing for Bytes, I believe, don't quote me on it, since I don't use it that often, that an LPC is 1 KB, as opposed to LPB's 500 Bytes, in addition to silo being 2 KB, adding to a total of 2.5 KB. It's all a matter of cost. More expensive = better, Cheaper = worse. But, still, it would be nice if some platforms could be overhauled some

Good idea! I would probably just use storage on a Large Platform B as you can take it off (good for smelters and such) but I could see this being useful for some people.

• 2 months later...

How about making platform C attractive again by adding some extra function - lights included for example... or small solar/wind generators and small battery included maybe? Would make it useful for isolated outposts...