SecretGman

GW Update- Windows Store- Cannot Save New Game

Whenever there is a new content update I start a new game. This time the new game loads fine, then when I go to log out after entering the habitat it doesn't save anywhere. When I log in to select load save game the only option I have is New Game or my Lunar Update save, which I have not tried yet just in case.

Seems that way. I am on Windows build 191101-1402. I traced the process while saving the game, I see no actions that would indicate that the game is trying to write any local files. I traced the process while changing settings and could see the game write those changes to a txt file at "C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Packages\SystemEraSoftworks.29415440E1269_ftk5pbg2rayv2\LocalState\Astro\Saved\Config\UWP\GameUserSettings.ini". What worries me a little is that I can see network traffic back to AWS around the time I saved the game, and I know the game doesn't load without a network connection. This leads me to believe that the game isn't saving locally, I hope that's not the case. I guess we just wait, maybe I will email the devs and see if I get a response. I post back here if I get anywhere...

I did some messing with this and digging around, I have not heard form the devs yet. I did find other reports of this issue on these forums, but they were not easy to find. Most with the issue seem to be running a Windows Insider build and some testing seems to point to an issue with XBox live game syncing. I was able to actually get a new save by installing the game on my XBox and starting new game. The game actually synced to my PC, but I can't update the same from my PC... which seems to confirm that the issue is related to the Insider Preview...  I guess a "beta" os version and a "beta" game don't really mix too well...

Very interesting. I am also on a Insider Build. I don't have an XBox, I only use PC. Hopefully the devs can help us out.

Same here, started new games. No save.

Continued an old save, played for 3 hours, NO SAVE.

At this point I'm tempted to just delete the game and shocked there has been no response from devs for almost 2 weeks now

Did some more testing and this issue seems specific to the latest Windows 10 insider builds (19081.1) tested on a non-insider build and it is saving.