Sign in to follow this  
Nekudotaim

[semi spoiler] UI enanchements on the U.S. ...

When you're on the purple Unidentified Satellite, and you gaze into the black stone in order to teleport into one of the activated planet's gateway, there is no clear indication of which planet's name you're hovering the mouse on, unless probably you're a dev hmself or you play constantly the game every day and you've perfectly memorized the shape and position and orbit.

Maybe the easier to spot for the average not-Einstein savant like player is Sylva due to its Desolo moon proximity.

Also, the difference between an activated planet and one that needs activation is very faint, just a weak purplishness.

I think the game needs some work on these fundamentals that maybe are understimated by someone who spent much time on the game (devs or pro players) but for the new and casual players, are a must.

The Satellite is an "Alien structure".  It uses the same symbols found on the Geometric Triptychs to identify the planets.  If you look at the line of triangular platforms on the satellite behind the Odd Stone, you'll see those icons again.  Starting from the inside, they are there in the same order as the planets in the Astropedia.  Sylva (innermost platform), Desolo, Calidor, Vesania, Novus, Glacio, Atrox (outermost platform).  Once you learn which icon is which, you will be able to easily identify the planets viewed in the  Odd Stone on the Satellite.

There is a client-side bug where clients in a multiplayer game cannot see the icons on the planets or when on a planet's surface -- clients can't see the numbers on the Gateway Chambers.  Hopefully we'll see that addressed soon.

Gotta say, I tend to agree with OP on this one. It's not smooth to have this part of the network obscured in this way. Telling the difference between Sylva and Vesania takes a lil bit.

The icons are not a user-friendly piece of the interface. No-one's playing this game to be confounded by the aliens, it's Lego in space on clay worlds. Not... Err.. I can't actually think of a game that makes you struggle with a fundamental, straightforward piece of alien tech like this. 

It's also difficult to see the planets unless you activate it looking away from the centre of the satellite. Then on Xbox using the cursor isn't the best. Even being able to cycle through with left/right like you can on the chambers screen would be nice. 

On 10/29/2019 at 4:52 PM, Gina said:

It uses the same symbols found on the Geometric Triptychs to identify the planets.

Okay I admit I missed the symbol displayed when hovering the mouse on a planet in that view. However I have to keep a paper-printed list of the planets with the relative symbols at hand for fast access (going back to the trangular paltform is not an option in this case ;)), it's cool okay I do these kind of stuff for games I like particularly, but it's not for all people! :)

Edited by Nekudotaim