ScrapMaster

Collecting Soil QUickly

What is the fastest way to collect soil?

Terrain tool with boost and wide mod? Carry a bunch of canisters?

What about Medium Canister on a rover with drill? Any tips for making that work well? How do you keep the rover from heading downward? Video of that would be awesome.

1. I choose a mountain for being my soil farm, equipping the truck with drill/paver + medium canisters then making road on top of it and then nicely drilling horizontal layers down, having on the truck also few medium silos for resources too. Keeping truck from going down with paver now is much easier by just driving back a little, correct camera and go forward again - u always have a road under :)

2. making a road just little bit lower than surface gonna fill up canisters at some point.

53 minutes ago, Mio said:

1. I choose a mountain for being my soil farm, equipping the truck with drill/paver + medium canisters then making road on top of it and then nicely drilling horizontal layers down, having on the truck also few medium silos for resources too. Keeping truck from going down with paver now is much easier by just driving back a little, correct camera and go forward again - u always have a road under :)

2. making a road just little bit lower than surface gonna fill up canisters at some point.

Thanks. Interesting. I've also been using a mountain, but collecting with terrain tool. Screenshot of "nicely drilling horizontal" would be helpful. 

20191029083103_1.thumb.jpg.74cf5d94e0d602d47a16444e4ed9c0a8.jpg

I'll try to make short video later too, but I am not very good in making videos, now rl calls. Front slots are drill and paver, activating same time, just using camera to adjust where road goes. Stange hanging pieces are left overs from times without paver - then I had to exit truck and fix it with terrain tool.

Emm no videos sadly, sorry. It all comes out laggy, twitchy, freezing and no good. Even on lowest settings.

4 hours ago, Mio said:

20191029083103_1.thumb.jpg.74cf5d94e0d602d47a16444e4ed9c0a8.jpg

I'll try to make short video later too, but I am not very good in making videos, now rl calls. Front slots are drill and paver, activating same time, just using camera to adjust where road goes. Stange hanging pieces are left overs from times without paver - then I had to exit truck and fix it with terrain tool.

I like the way the Medium Canisters look however the Medium Storage Silo will carry more soil
Both are tier two 
A medium canister holds 16 small canisters worth of soil
A medium storage silo holds 24 small canisters worth of soil
If you are min/max'ing dirt farming, I suggest the latter rather than the former
In this photo, from what I can see (4 medium canisters & 1 medium storage silo) can hold 88 small canisters of soil. However, if all slots were using medium storage silos one could fill it with 120 small canisters of soil. A difference of 32 small canisters of soil or two full medium canisters
I personally like the look of the new medium canisters however they don't hold as much soil and both perform the same duties

This was just quickly equipped truck :) if I wanted maximize I'd put 2 large silos which can hold 24-1 medium canisters :D (-1 t2 slot for rtg) but it would take much longer to fill up, I rather will do more but quicker trips. Also I am SO mighty tired dragging around small canister storages and clicking them back and forth, ugh, I'll never do that again, only backpack canisters are small.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:47 AM, Mio said:

This was just quickly equipped truck :) if I wanted maximize I'd put 2 large silos which can hold 24-1 medium canisters :D (-1 t2 slot for rtg) but it would take much longer to fill up, I rather will do more but quicker trips. Also I am SO mighty tired dragging around small canister storages and clicking them back and forth, ugh, I'll never do that again, only backpack canisters are small.

Mio,

Thanks so much. The screenshot helped a lot. This setup is working for me. Took some practice, especially aiming up/down. I made somewhat of a mess in the learning process. Now, what do I do with all the resulting resin/compound/organic? It's too much! I can print stuff with it and chuck it in the shredder. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Matt :)

Anytime :) Glad I could help. Alot of organic means alot of fireworks! Can setup a show or really blow something with dynamite hehe :D Resin resin... resin really goes for me for small round platforms, I am using them everywhere for cablework or small tables - medium storages also resin, and and and oxygen filters! (this one essential decorative item). Compound hm, alot of crafts asking for plastic - which is compound+carbon (smelted organic) so I think it will be used in time, or can make large printers and throw them into shredder :D 

On 11/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, Mio said:

Anytime :) Glad I could help. Alot of organic means alot of fireworks! Can setup a show or really blow something with dynamite hehe :D Resin resin... resin really goes for me for small round platforms, I am using them everywhere for cablework or small tables - medium storages also resin, and and and oxygen filters! (this one essential decorative item). Compound hm, alot of crafts asking for plastic - which is compound+carbon (smelted organic) so I think it will be used in time, or can make large printers and throw them into shredder :D 

Screenshots!