Sign in to follow this  
Jace Muller

Game crashes often when saving

I play Astroneer on Xbox. Whenever I try to save the game, that by entering a vehicle, or by exiting to the main menu, the game will crash about a third of the time. It will lose all my progress up until the last save. I can never get through the end-game cutscene because the game will crash as well. It is really annoying to do all the things over again from the last save. I know the System Era team is working hard to fix bugs and come out with great content, and I fully respect that. Keep up the great work :)

I'm having the same issues and I understand the frustration as I only have two more planets left to activate.

Hey, out of curiosity what is the size of your game file? I'm beginning to wonder if one of the probabilities to this crucial anomaly is having a large game file. I'm unsure to what is a large file though; last I checked I was sitting at 256mb. 

I believe our only option is to be patient until SystemEra finds a solution to the bug.

I do admit I would be gravely upset if I had to restart my journey. 

I had an email exchange with Support and they're sold on the idea that it's an overloaded Cloud Storage that's causing the crashes but I only play two games and only have one game save file for Astroneer so it's definitely not that. Visiting Glacio seems to be part of the problem unless it's a very big coincidence that many players are mentioning it in their complaints.

Having the same issue on xbox. Load time for save is around  a minute. Game will play for a minute or two then crash. It also crashes while trying to save, opening back pack as well.

Current save, my 'naut is almost at the center of the planet, and two cores to unlock. Really dont want to hear "start over" when I know I get back to where I was on my original save, the bug will show up again.