Ljorius

Medium Cannister for Hydrazin?

I would like Medium canisters for Mining Materials. One for each mining resource type, fills up like soil with the matching colour.

If you switch it to deposit, it will suck up any raw material matching its type. If they also auto-suck up resources it could make unloading backpacks and cargo easier.

If you set it to withdraw it creates one "resource" of that type on its exit nozzle.

I think produced materials (chemistry or smelting) should not have canisters - This would change the way we factor treat raw minerals and processing - gives us storage but makes us think more about production. I think Astronium should not have a canister too, we still don't know what that weird material is :P

3 hours ago, Dirtyshadow said:

I would like Medium canisters for Mining Materials. One for each mining resource type, fills up like soil with the matching colour.

If you switch it to deposit, it will suck up any raw material matching its type. If they also auto-suck up resources it could make unloading backpacks and cargo easier.

If you set it to withdraw it creates one "resource" of that type on its exit nozzle.

I think produced materials (chemistry or smelting) should not have canisters - This would change the way we factor treat raw minerals and processing - gives us storage but makes us think more about production. I think Astronium should not have a canister too, we still don't know what that weird material is :P

interesting concept! 

me likey...

...although, the point of the game is slotting...slotting all your minerals onto storage...not sticking them in some storage unit like in so many other games...

I don't know if I would like the change...

+1 to the original idea

12 hours ago, Dirtyshadow said:

so you mean something like this? albeit that's still mostly sticking to Astroneers current resource concepts.

You have my vote for this, i feel like this would be a great addition to the game. I feel like if they added it to the game, to make hydrazine canisters a thing you must make, and give them the ability when empty to flip from a thruster to a hydrazine tank (w/hydrazine inside) fill up, and flip back to an open slot on a thruster, to allow for longer flight time.  

On 10/29/2019 at 6:55 AM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

interesting concept! 

me likey...

...although, the point of the game is slotting...slotting all your minerals onto storage...not sticking them in some storage unit like in so many other games...

+1 to the original idea

But what your dealing with is not solids, this is a liquid/gas, it makes sense in reality to be able to pump a gas into a larger canister, but not a lump of steel. Hydrazine is a fuel and needs to be transported in large quantities, its not a small part of an alloy that takes up but a single slot for storage. 

On 11/2/2019 at 4:51 PM, The German52 said:

But what your dealing with is not solids, this is a liquid/gas, it makes sense in reality to be able to pump a gas into a larger canister, but not a lump of steel. Hydrazine is a fuel and needs to be transported in large quantities, its not a small part of an alloy that takes up but a single slot for storage. 

This:

On 10/29/2019 at 7:55 AM, CopperyMarrow15 said:

interesting concept! 

me likey...

is my response to this:

On 10/29/2019 at 4:37 AM, Dirtyshadow said:

As for the original idea, I like it!