Sign in to follow this  
Jay DJ

Astoneer Item Sorter

oh geez, i made an item sorter in astroneer and i would like to share it with you,

it sorts 16 items total 

organic, resin, compound, graphite, ammonium, quarts, glass, ceramic, carbon, lithium, tungsten, iron, titanium, aluminium, copper, and zinc

how it works is in the video 

i would love any feedback or suggestions or ideas on this

1 i had was making a bunch of mini sorters designed around the resources each planet

and if any of the devs happen to read and watch this,    please add recipes to the small printer that include quarts, organic and carbon if possible

and thank you again to everyone on the discord server for helping me with ideas and suggestions 

enjoy 

wyv i realised after that i posted this in the wrong sub forum and can't figure out how to delete it (sorry) 

whoa, ingenious! love it :) and the last room just good old crazy, hilarious, thank u for sharing, Jay DJ :)

Actually since all the workstations like printers and lab can already do this (pulling out something they need for recipe) maybe it will not be so hard to design and create a storage silo with option to choose the resource like hologram on top of it and it will be pulling this kind of resource on itself automatically like printer does. Maybe just change small silo to work this way or turn resource selection off and then it will be back to normal small silo.

Edited by Mio

All I can say is WOW!!!!! That thing works well and does what it's supposed to do I think you need to get an award for thinking outside the box and finding other uses for the equitmet=nt we already have. Kudos!

On 10/27/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mio said:

whoa, ingenious! love it :) and the last room just good old crazy, hilarious, thank u for sharing, Jay DJ :)

Actually since all the workstations like printers and lab can already do this (pulling out something they need for recipe) maybe it will not be so hard to design and create a storage silo with option to choose the resource like hologram on top of it and it will be pulling this kind of resource on itself automatically like printer does. Maybe just change small silo to work this way or turn resource selection off and then it will be back to normal small silo.

a guy in the discord (dreamsparkle42) has done a slimier thing unknown.png

i was super impressed when i saw this  

also if you like that clip at the end i put up a video on my channel its a collections of clips and highlights from building that area

On 10/27/2019 at 7:25 AM, TMarcher74 said:

I like you item sorter, wish there was an option to fill silos with a particular resource(s) only.

this is something i would love too, a way of transferring items between platforms and a way of assigning items to the small storage  this way the storage system would sort it self, and i notice automation is on the road map for potential future updates, i dont know if it has a priority system on it but if it does automation is top of the list 

https://trello.com/b/UoZgKrd3/astroneer-development-roadmap

thank you for the positive feed back everyone