Sign in to follow this  
The Touch of Grey Gamer

Base Expansion 4.0

Well fellow Astroneers I'm at it again! 7 hours deep into my latest rendition of my home base reconstruction and reconfiguration! 😂 
Near my landing pad/shelter the FPS was down to 20, which is too choppy. So once again I must expand the base to increase FPS!

I'm also looking at some lighting changes. I like the tall one on the left with the worklight on top20191026091832_1.thumb.jpg.152396703e648fd2bca86d220e576243.jpg

In the middle is a storage silo filled with floodlights while on the right is a tall platform with a medium storage silo on it filled with floodlights

Just out of curiosity I wanted to know how many Extra Large Platform B's I was using at my base..............175 and most are full, completely. 

One of the issues I have is when I return to my home base with hundreds (literally) pieces of; resources, gasses, seeds, etc. etc. etc. it takes me a very long time to organize and separate everything. So I'm thinking to minimize the time it takes me to unload me large shuttle I'm going to surround my landing pad with a Medium T Platform and Medium Storage Silo's for each and every possible item I could bring back. Dynamite, gasses, all the resources on the resource tree, items I find in those triangle things, crashed sites, just everything. So I'm going to build a ring, a ring of resources around my shelter. That will create staging areas that I can use to expedite my resource distribution and storage! 

I've got 50 Medium T Platforms ready to go! I just need to construct 150 or so Medium Storage Silo's (3 silo's per platform) I'd rather use the Large T Platforms however the price to construct is just far too high. Aluminum Alloy for a platform? Surely you jest! 

Ok so I'm off to find whatever resource I need to construct Medium Storage Silos. I'll go for 200 that way as they fill up I won't have to keep making them for a while. If you see me in your travels, wave won't ya? I'll be sure glad to see ya! 

Most effective way for me so far is extra large platform C -> 4x large storage -> 16x medium silo -> stick it to the wall. Bonus also that all this happiness can be moved in one go :)

1 hour ago, Mio said:

Most effective way for me so far is extra large platform C -> 4x large storage -> 16x medium silo -> stick it to the wall. Bonus also that all this happiness can be moved in one go :)

Noice!

Put an power cell in the odd slot up top of the tall storage and it will power anything else you put on it in the middle of nowhere forever (no need for power cables).