20191025152630_1.thumb.jpg.22c9c3941beee4c063c21cd2849f0b06.jpg
Astro Spookyseed

20191025153124_1.thumb.jpg.115a2fc599443c30e5e3c8ec77af5130.jpg
Round Spookyseed

20191025153057_1.thumb.jpg.3db697f66d7645dbadfbc9af4c4310f9.jpg
Mutated Spookyseed 

Atrox Seed
PS I took off one jetpack for the light just for the pics. I'm not a space caveman, I don't use just one jetpack. Pa-lease 
PSS Zebra ball added to collection
PSSS Spoiler Alert! 🚨🚨🚨

That is so cool! The SES team comes up with another seasonal themed treat for us. I really liked the holiday lights tether lines, but this is even better. Thanks for sharing @The Touch of Grey Gamer, and thanks to the developers for the pumpkin patch! 

1 hour ago, TMarcher74 said:

Nice and why are you not wearing the spooky suit and visor? It looks so cool, the visor.

...He has this weird challenge where he stays in one suit for like...ever...

It's a hoarder thing

I have been searching, quite unsuccesfully, for the Halloween seeds, and was wondering whether these are random drops from the existing plant life or if I need to look for a new type of plant. Also, are these only available on certain planets, or are all planets giving out these seeds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

51 minutes ago, Flyingcrowbar said:

I have been searching, quite unsuccesfully, for the Halloween seeds, and was wondering whether these are random drops from the existing plant life or if I need to look for a new type of plant. Also, are these only available on certain planets, or are all planets giving out these seeds. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

They are sorta random drops. They are selected drop areas.
They are a new type of fauna!
I found them on just one planet

Spoiler below

Atrox
On the surface
At the bottom of canyons
4 different types

38 minutes ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

Are you sure about that?

hmm a valid point. out of curiosity, do corals count as fauna or are they classified as flora?

Interesting question. Since coral is technically created by an animal I assume it would be considered as Fauna. However, in the game the Popcoral plant is an alien species and I would not assume that it is animal just because it has "coral" as part of its name. Since these are all alien species it may be presumptuous of us to try to apply any of the classifications we have here on earth to any of the species in the game. We do need to apply something so we can talk about them and I'm good with calling them all plants since they are "rooted" to the ground and are not mobile so they can't chase after us.

Also, thanks to @The Touch of Grey Gamerfor your reply to my earlier question about the location of the special seeds.

I found them and collected several copies of each seed type. Those plants that they come from are definitely unique looking and appropriately spooky to boot. Thanks again TToGG!

Questions...

What do the non-mutated ones do?

Do they harm you?

Which names go with which plants?

What do they look like in the wild?

When do they go bye-bye?

I didn't find the mutated variety, and I got the visor anyway. I will have to go do some more searching so that I can have a complete set in my alien plant garden.

On 10/26/2019 at 12:46 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Atrox
On the surface
At the bottom of canyons
4 different types

not sure it's really a spoiler, the patch notes said where the fauna+unlock are

On 10/28/2019 at 2:49 PM, Flyingcrowbar said:

I didn't find the mutated variety, and I got the visor anyway. I will have to go do some more searching so that I can have a complete set in my alien plant garden.

i got my unlock from simply digging up the first one (a Round). collecting all types is just a thing if you want

i also think there's 5 types. mutated, round, astro, smiling, stunted. i'm on the hunt as i'm typing though, so i'll update if i find more

9 hours ago, 101101110111 said:

i also think there's 5 types. mutated, round, astro, smiling, stunted. i'm on the hunt as i'm typing though, so i'll update if i find more

Yeah, thus far these are the 5 I found

Yesterday I went back and tracked down the elusive mutated variety of spooky seed. I had to look in a bunch of canyons before I found the right one though. I have not found any more types, so I am also assuming that there are only 5.

10 hours ago, 101101110111 said:

i got my unlock from simply digging up the first one

Thanks for that information. 

Yesterday I went back and tracked down the elusive mutated variety of spooky seed. I had to look in a bunch of canyons before I found the right one though. I have not found any more types, so I am also assuming that there are only 5.

10 hours ago, 101101110111 said:

i got my unlock from simply digging up the first one

Thanks for that information.