Navigation

redstonerti

I was thinking how great the paver is because it now enables us to mine resources with large rovers but then i thought that without tethers, we will surely get lost. I am suggesting some kind of "Glow Stick deployer" where you could stick it at the back of the rover, and  it automatically deploys glow sticks every few meters.
This could be interpreted in two ways imo:

• 1st version: T3, has an internal storage, uses power
  • 1st version: T2, no internal storage, doesn't use power

You get lost underground?  Have you powered the gateway engine/chambers?  Do you have a base near powered gateway chamber?  Above ground, I use stars to navigate to nearest gateway chamber and transfer items back to base which is near another gateway chamber, or on another planet.  I only go underground to scoop up resources with the large rover train with drill / paver combo. 

Edited by zardada

Yeah, me and all my friends get lost underground. We don't have a base near a gateway chamber but i still thing this would be good for when you are for example, on glacio and using you rover to mine hematite and titanite but your spaceship's bubble disappears way too fast. Or any other planet really that you go to to mine resources. It would be so great to be able to deploy glowsticks on the fly and not worry about losing your base other than if you were mining for too long

• 2 months later...