SES_joe

The Groundwork Update - October 24th, 2019

Can you stop spam posting (with whingeing)? Head into the relevant subforum and seek help there.

Merged some posts and cut quotes.

Please remember to not quote the OP. There is no need to have the patch notes twice in here.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, SES_joe said:

[AS-8358] - Decorators are now spawning in the carved out sections of both the Mountains Biome on Atrox and the Hills Biome on Vesania.

whoa whoa whoa...

You can't just name all the biomes before I get a say in my big thread...the big thread where I say how 1.0 wrecked the entire game and say how it can be improved!

Do you have a big list of every single biome on every single planet that your trying to hide?

What did you name all the different flora in Unreal when it asked for a name?

Do they have real names?

Can I see a list?

PLEASE?

22 hours ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

whoa whoa whoa...

You can't just name all the biomes before I get a say in my big thread...the big thread where I say how 1.0 wrecked the entire game and say how it can be improved!

Do you have a big list of every single biome on every single planet that your trying to hide?

What did you name all the different flora in Unreal when it asked for a name?

Do they have real names?

Can I see a list?

PLEASE?

+1
Pretty please?

On 10/25/2019 at 2:39 PM, mumbles mumbles said:

Can you extend this since I cant even play, the game just crashes, so I'm going to miss out

@SES_joe since the wanderer update I havent been able to play, now I think I'm going to miss your event and unlockable because the game crashes constantly, now this update it's completely unplayable, can we please address the crash issue on xbox, I'm a long time player and supporter and I just want to be able to play what I paid for. Thank you 

So for some reason when you guys updates, some things duplicate, the big wrecked solar things, some debris, like broken rover spawned on inside each other, ect so after a few updates, I think things just duplicated enough it's too much to open my save, so very very very very grudgingly I started an new game for the literal 100th time. After a new start things are running better, theres still a slight performance drop after hours and hours of building stuff. But it's better, but please work on this duplicated item issue so on the 14th when you update again I dont have to start another new game.

i was going to test today and when i build the new paver and medium container and moved in my spaceship to get stuff on other planet the game crashes twice...

I dont care about horns and silly costumes, i want the game to work as it should and it never has. If it does load im booted to home screen everytime i enter a vehicle (again). Get the basics right first. 

PAVER
Awesome! Grade A+

Medium Canister
Uninspired. Holds less soil than a medium silo with 24 small canisters yet occupies the same amount of slots, 2. The artwork is, eh, ok. Nothing really lighting my fire here. Grade C

VIASMC
Better! Much better! Grade A

Drill Control UI
It is an improvement but I still hate the mechanism. The little gauge with the lines is so annoying to use. The entire UI needs to be reinvented. Thanks for the improvement but to me, it is like polishing a turd. Grade C

Horns
Small, medium & large. Garbage, trash & waste. Caveat, the way the horns move, I like. I'm hoping more different types of 'movements' can be added to the game. No grade  

Performance Optimizations 
There was one. 1. Uno. Grade D There was one, 1, uno.

Bug Fixes
8090 = correcting a typo is not a bug fix
8272 = who, how, how would anyone even know this was not happening? Driving through them? Who does that?
8358 = this is not a bug
8494 = there were so many players that complained about this? Right after? 10 seconds? 1 second? Huh?
8601 = again, how, how would anyone know this? Are there that many people that are packaging a soil centrifuge......? Seriously?
This was a very weak bug fix list Grade C. There were a couple of bugs that maybe two people reported? Just goes to show that those two people have a lot of clout!

Quality of Life
Zero, none, nada Grade F-

This update for me is 90% about the paver 10% the VIASMC.  
My assumption is that this update was a little light due to the fact that the next one is larger and more complex?  
Overall, we got the paver! Vehicle improvements are top notch as well. The rest however, no, naw, nada. 
I'm looking forward to November 15th! 

What say you?
Say it!
Say it!

23 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

PAVER
Awesome! Grade A+

Medium Canister
Uninspired. Holds less soil than a medium silo with 24 small canisters yet occupies the same amount of slots, 2. The artwork is, eh, ok. Nothing really lighting my fire here. Grade C

VIASMC
Better! Much better! Grade A

Drill Control UI
It is an improvement but I still hate the mechanism. The little gauge with the lines is so annoying to use. The entire UI needs to be reinvented. Thanks for the improvement but to me, it is like polishing a turd. Grade C

Horns
Small, medium & large. Garbage, trash & waste. Caveat, the way the horns move, I like. I'm hoping more different types of 'movements' can be added to the game. No grade  

Performance Optimizations 
There was one. 1. Uno. Grade D There was one, 1, uno.

Bug Fixes
8090 = correcting a typo is not a bug fix
8272 = who, how, how would anyone even know this was not happening? Driving through them? Who does that?
8358 = this is not a bug
8494 = there were so many players that complained about this? Right after? 10 seconds? 1 second? Huh?
8601 = again, how, how would anyone know this? Are there that many people that are packaging a soil centrifuge......? Seriously?
This was a very weak bug fix list Grade C. There were a couple of bugs that maybe two people reported? Just goes to show that those two people have a lot of clout!

Quality of Life

This update for me is 90% about the paver 10% the VIASMC.  
My assumption is that this update was a little light due to the fact that the next one is larger and more complex?  
Overall, we got the paver! Vehicle improvements are top notch as well. The rest however, no, naw, nada. 
I'm looking forward to November 15th! 

What say you?
Say it!
Say it!

I agree. I played for a few hours on Friday, and the paver is a total game changer. Went from surface to core in less than 20 seconds, loved it. It sucks, though, when creating large flat surfaces. Controls definitely need to be worked on...

The medium canisters are just that: a vessel to hold the soil dug up from the drill. Nothing fancy, just works as intended.

Vehicle control improvement was a welcome addition. It's nice to have better control of your vehicle mid air...

The rest, meh...

During 2020 I want two updates

The first being the "Adult Sized Update" 
No gimmicks, no horns, no hoop storage, no beachball soccer, no chess, no chess pieces, no one and done items. Just provide the adults on this forum an update that checks off some of the things that have been mentioned numerous times. By them, the adults.
Also no hand holding like in groundwork update. I had to be told, shown, hand-held as to where the spooky fanua is? I couldn't have been told they were on "a planet" and found them on my own? Please, an update made for and more importantly by the adults on this forum. No cameras, no goals, no glow sticks again no one and done items. Just things that matter. 

The second update I want to see is the "Black Hole Update" or the "Missing Update" or the "Invisible Ink Update"
An update with ZERO information! We the players have to discover what the update is! Sure tell me about the bug fixes then zip it! I don't want to read about the update. I want to discover the update! No leaks, no hints, just discovery, investigation, exploring. 

3 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

During 2020 I want two updates

No gimmicks, no horns, no hoop storage, no beachball soccer, no chess, no chess pieces, no one and done items. Just provide the adults on this forum an update that checks off some of the things that have been mentioned numerous times. By them, the adults.
Also no hand holding like in groundwork update. I had to be told, shown, hand-held as to where the spooky fanua is? I couldn't have been told they were on "a planet" and found them on my own? Please, an update made for and more importantly by the adults on this forum. No cameras, no goals, no glow sticks again no one and done items. Just things that matter. 

The second update I want to see is the "Black Hole Update" or the "Missing Update" or the "Invisible Ink Update"
An update with ZERO information! We the players have to discover what the update is! Sure tell me about the bug fixes then zip it! I don't want to read about the update. I want to discover the update! No leaks, no hints, just discovery, investigation, exploring. 

+1

I'd love to see some added game content that is... substantial.  Exploration quests in pursuit of meaty, intricate mysteries.  Scenarios involving large scale geoengineering to solve problems.  Larger scale automation.  I'd be ecstatic, though, just to see robust solutions to oft-reported bugs and issues that have never been addressed satisfactorily.

I'd also love to see more robust QA to help prevent bugs from creeping in with each update, such as the chemistry lab not auto-unloading to attached storage.

Best update for a long time. But as others said before the UI of drill and paver must be reworked.

Drill: Camera and drill level control together on same bind is a no go.

Paver: Though a very good tool, it can't be turned on/off especially when on front of a large rover with a drill. Removing it from the front anytime is a mess. Aux 1 and 2 buttons for left/right control may be better than front/back control.

8 hours ago, Mytos said:

Drill: Camera and drill level control together on same bind is a no go.

so much this please, pretty please with cherry on top!

Also: for the love of the space exploration, can we make that driver of the vehicle is actually able to see in front of their vehicle? pleeeeaaaseee!

Paver is great, thank u! 8) There is one but for me there - when I am making a road with drill/paver in front - truck stops moving constantly even while I hold forward button. I have to turn off drill/paver, drive few meters forward then turn them on again, drives me nuts to tell the truth. I am not sure if it is drill issue or paver or fps or multiplayer but it is very very hard this fighting with ghosts.

9 hours ago, avitous said:

+1

I'd love to see some added game content that is... substantial.  Exploration quests in pursuit of meaty, intricate mysteries.  Scenarios involving large scale geoengineering to solve problems.  Larger scale automation.  I'd be ecstatic, though, just to see robust solutions to oft-reported bugs and issues that have never been addressed satisfactorily.

I'd also love to see more robust QA to help prevent bugs from creeping in with each update, such as the chemistry lab not auto-unloading to attached storage.

+1
This is next level stuff! Great post @avitous

17 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

+1

20 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Quality of Life

The vehicle air control is what one considers quality of life, though. 
It'll quality as an actual feature only if combined with thrusters, essentially giving us hard to control planes.

19 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I had to be told, shown, hand-held as to where the spooky fanua is? I couldn't have been told they were on "a planet" and found them on my own?

Remember you're not the only person playing this game. Many would not want to bother playing without knowing all the details. Which brings us to:

19 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Simple. Just don't read the patch notes or skip straight to the bug fixes, it's very clear where they are so you can go there without reading the rest by accident. This is definitely a you problem. Or do you read guides of puzzle games and complain about the puzzles being too easy?

52 minutes ago, Wyvyrias said:

The vehicle air control is what one considers quality of life, though. 
It'll quality as an actual feature only if combined with thrusters, essentially giving us hard to control planes.
Good point

Remember you're not the only person playing this game. Many would not want to bother playing without knowing all the details.
Many? Seriously? Where do you get your stats/facts from? Many would not want to bother? Naw, I'm not buying what your selling. This is not based in fact at all.
Which brings us to:

Simple. Just don't read the patch notes or skip straight to the bug fixes, it's very clear where they are so you can go there without reading the rest by accident. This is definitely a you problem. Or do you read guides of puzzle games and complain about the puzzles being too easy?
I obviously touched a nerve with you as it is obvious you want to pick a fight.
You have to comprehend what you are reading.
Just don't read? What are you even talking about?
Skip? Skip straight? What are you saying? 
What about the 'leaks'? What about others posting? What about other devs postings? 
I think you let your anger get the best of you. 

23 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Many? Seriously? Where do you get your stats/facts from? Many would not want to bother? Naw, I'm not buying what your selling. This is not based in fact at all.

I definitely saw people saying they wouldn't bother with an update without knowing what's in there. But as I am not going to dig up such posts, this statement is about as credible as you implying there's any need or interest for non-spoiler patch notes.

23 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

I obviously touched a nerve with you as it is obvious you want to pick a fight.
You have to comprehend what you are reading.
Just don't read? What are you even talking about?
Skip? Skip straight? What are you saying? 
What about the 'leaks'? What about others posting? What about other devs postings? 
I think you let your anger get the best of you. 

No, I am merely stating the obvious and suggesting a simple solution for your issue. I could not care less about you spoiling your own experience, that's your own fight with yourself. You know where the leaks are and come from. You can avoid all those places. Although your original point was about the patch notes, which you can easily ignore to avoid any sort of spoilers. It's a little odd for you to complain about too much hand holding, but apparently ask for hand holding in controlling your own consumption of information.
Also I suggest to distance your feelings and personal interpretations from mere text messages, it won't do you any good and, frankly, just seem weird. I am just here to offer help and suggestions. You may or may not agree with what I write, but that doesn't change it's intent.

Dood, it is a concept you clearly don't understand. Your obvious solution is only obvious to you. If you did understand it you would know, that your option of "I can avoid those places" is just not based in any facts whatsoever. If I were able to do that, I would have done it already. 

Hand holding? This also just shows how much you just don't understand the concept. I want SES to remove all hands but ya just don't comprehend it. Sorry for ya

PS keep your suggestions to yourself. I would find it highly unlikely under any circumstance that I would ever need, ask for or take your advice. That would be highly unlikely, highly.
PSS I like being weird, thanks for the compliment 👻

Happy Halloween!!! 🎃

On 10/29/2019 at 5:10 PM, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

An update with ZERO information! We the players have to discover what the update is

I like this idea, but as stated by solar lord ;

On 10/30/2019 at 12:13 PM, Wyvyrias said:

Just don't read the patch notes or skip straight to the bug fixes

An easy way to do this would to just ask someone you trust on this forum to message you just the bug fixes, or, just like a REAL black hole (one that absorbs all light) , don't look at ANYTHING and just play the game when the update is released.

And plus, like you said with that butt hole thing a while back, everyone has theirs, and I don't think rating a game on a forum platform by grading them A-F is really appropriate.

But whatever