My idea is for a way to transport items to and from two planets or from one place on the planet to another. Yes I know there are rockets and vehicles along with massive storage silos that can be used but maybe this can be a use for Astronium so that way it has another use besides being research, looking pretty, cool and awesome. Also maybe this item transporter will take a tier 4 space on a large platform so that the extra large platform can used a lot more often. For power and building it could be built at the large printer for two Astronium a aluminum alloy with a nanocarbon alloy order to use the item teleported it will take carbon along with a steady flow of power. 

This is a idea I came up with because I had to take so many trips to get items from different planets. (Also you guys are doing a amazing job on Astroneer!)

I was thinking the same thing but my idea was a mass driver that shoots a container from one planet to the another. This could tie in with the other suggestion for a container for holding scrap. The container would have a beacon on it and would land near your shelter. Only bases with a shelter could get targeted by the mass driver.

Echoing the praise above. This game gets more enjoyable and fun to play with each update that is released!