A cat from Poland

Vehicle upgrade slots

This would be a medium slot attachment(two dots connected by one line) It would look like an engine but replace the pistons with single ports. This could be attached to any vehicle(including upcoming ones). How the upgrades would work is just like the terrain tool. You just plug them in and once you start driving they will have a little animation where they stick into the rover like a injection. I’m thinking vehicles would only have 2-3 slots just like the terrain too. I’m thinking most of these upgrades would be made with Astronium.

The upgrades- [The ones I could think of so far]

1. Compass[Shows you a compass when you move around]
  2. Gravity wheels[Pushes your rover to the ground more, almost like sticking]{Would be very good for Core traveling}
  3. Efficiency[Decreases power consumption and slightly increases acceleration]
  4. Suspension[Lowers suspension increasing grip and and speed]
  5. Separator[When mining ores you get 15% more from a node, and maybe gives a bit more soil from soil canisters for paver.]{Name could be changed} 

This is all I could think of for now- if you have any other ideas it would be nice-

I'd like this kind of thing to be a single slot upgrade. Thought about it today, an item that's like "Having this connected to your vehicle means that pressing X doubles power output, tripling energy usage"

They'd need to be expensive late game items to keep a progression curve though.

Great suggestions here. I'd add a 'hover car' mode, where you can fly over simple surface obstructions with ease but don't have the torque to climb basic inclines or carry heavy loads. 

27 minutes ago, Blind Io said:

I'd like this kind of thing to be a single slot upgrade. Thought about it today, an item that's like "Having this connected to your vehicle means that pressing X doubles power output, tripling energy usage"

They'd need to be expensive late game items to keep a progression curve though.

Great suggestions here. I'd add a 'hover car' mode, where you can fly over simple surface obstructions with ease but don't have the torque to climb basic inclines or carry heavy loads. 

I mean I think the upgrades would be permanent until you take them out. And hover vehicles should be a vehicle of its own as the rovers are quite bulky and don’t really look hover-able. I made another quick tread on hovers if you want to see it.