This is a really rare item you can make using rare items such as astronium, or a new anti-gravity ore. When placed down you can select up to a certain range with a slider to collect and it will pick up all the items (that the player has made, such as platforms, machines, etc.. but not research items, dirt, etc...) and shrink them down to a "package" size (small amounts would be carried on your backpack, medium amounts in your hand, and large on a vehicle) to carry to another place, such as a new base, and if its something that cant be packaged or moved (like a habitat) then it won't pick it up. you can also make different sizes of these, such as a backpack size (maybe a tiny range?) or Tier 1 - 3 (ranging from a small range to an enormous range).

Good idea. The way I’m looking at this, I would probably take this bubble compression device and probably place it over a large ore patch. And just grab it and bring it over to a planet. Also Astronium is normally spawned in big batches. Like I got 60 ores in less than 10 minutes a few times. So making it more than just astronium would be important. 

This could be quite overpowered, when you say expensive I say it should be quite expensive. The only way I can see this as being balanced is making it only move placeables and not soil. This would ultimately just overpower the packager and it would have little to no use to use anymore apart from the price of the ultimate bubble packager.