So with not many objectives in the endgame except personal goals and/or working on the gateways, I thought of a new goal that would garner many players' attention. This goal is the construction of an ultimate space craft that can fly in atmosphere and travel to other planets. These space craft can have enormous storage space, be fueled by astronium or large amounts of hydrazine, and consume large amounts of resources and research to construct from start to finish. For the design of such impressive craft we could have the design (choice) of the US space shuttle orbiters or the russian buran because with their design a cargo bay is already in place with a cockpit.

I'd like to know what other players or even the devs think of this sort of endgame concept. 

PS: This is a hint to you @SES_Adam;) 

Ok totally like the idea

but how bout...................

What if we have to find some of the parts to construct the spacecraft that have been scattered on and in planets from crashed spacecrafts? 
And/or what if somehow someway we could incorporate the aliens into this? Maybe we need parts or pieces of alien origin to complete the spacecraft?

+1 on the idea!

Something I can drive 2 large rovers into, so I don't have to dismantle and package them and all the attached modules, and take 2 trips to get them to another planet.

9 hours ago, A cat from Poland said:

I spoke about something like this with some people and they said they wouldn't really like it because it would remove the idea of having a base. Not exactly sure myself but +1

Well the shuttles aren't supposed to remove the need for a base because it's more designed (in my mind) to be a more advanced transport than either rovers and landers but can carry rovers to perform other tasks. 

15 hours ago, polarity said:

Something I can drive 2 large rovers into, so I don't have to dismantle and package them and all the attached modules, and take 2 trips to get them to another planet.

That would definitely be a major part of the idea but not sure of the specifics.

To combine my idea with another topic I saw in the forums that I believe is a great idea is the GPS satellite concept, these new shuttles could be the vehicles to carry them into orbit and deploy them. Anyone have some other great ideas of what these shuttles could be used for?

On 10/19/2019 at 3:21 AM, polarity said:

I have an idea on a different vehicle, but I guess it fits into this thread well

We need some sort of an "extra large shuttle", which consumes the same amount of fuel as all other shuttles, but because of its size, can only land and take off from landing pads. This can be done in two ways, either have the same UI as the other shuttles but only aviliable landing zones are on your landing pads, or it can allow players to give their landing pads names or designations, and prompt players to choose an aviliable destination when launching and skip the entire space sequence (which, to be honest, is just players waiting in orbit until their landing pads/zones are aviliable for choose)

Because it is the extra large shuttle, it will be more expensive than large shuttle to construct, and cost more bytes to unlock. It will feature a larger cargo bay, possibly 2x tier 4 slots. Since it can only land on landing pads (aka at already established bases), it does not need to feature a slot for oxygenator, but since all the shuttles in the game now have that slot, I don't see why it should be removed. 

TLDR: An "Extra Large Shuttle" with more cargo hold, but can only land on landing pads

On 10/19/2019 at 10:21 AM, polarity said:

+1

On 10/19/2019 at 11:21 AM, polarity said:

I have rover trains on each planet, so I don't quite see the point...