TMarcher74

Let me present to you one of the very first leeks for the next update

I do not think creative and survival is not much different. With ability to spawn resources and all items, to not be needing oxygen or power or roads it renders normal gameplay obsolete, like who needs to go anywhere anymore :D¬†And colour picker while is all good can pick only colours around, cannot really make a step to the other planet and pick a colour from underground there, right? So I do prefer my terrain analyzers I think ūüėÉ

Eh, I think I would pretty much prefer something like lod anchor but for endless flying in certain area, and do the effort for building it instead of ruin whole game for creative mode.

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Super Tool: It looks more or less the same as what we have now. Any ideas on what makes it super?
Maybe unlimited soil capacity, colour selector ,etc.
Creative mode colour selection: The suit is nothing I would use however what's with the eye droppers? 
For selecting the terrain colour from the surrounding colour.
God mode: I don't think this will be for me. After a few hundred hours on the same save game, I'm pretty much in God mode now, no? TBH, I'm not sure what God mode is or will be in this game.
I am sure that you can't fly unlimitedly in your save, can you, it looks like Minecraft god mode btw.
Terrain Anchor: I'm very intrigued. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what this is and does?
The terrain anchor is to make sure the terrain does not loose its resolution when you move farther away from it, it lock the resolution so that you can fly further and take a better view of your creation.
Don't miss the new buttons on the top. A plant, a light and a magnifying glass?
Goodbye desync: Thank you @SES_Brendan!
Another random leek: A lot to unpack here! First the big blue box. I want two. In my house. On either side of the couch as end tables. Two different colored packaged items? Three? Silver & Gold? Is that a bow on those packaged items? Did those packaged items fall out of the big blue box? Why is the face on the big blue box angry? Why is there a face on the big blue box? Can I move the big blue box to my base? I see it is on Glacio, are they on other planets?

Are additional achievements going to be added to this update? 
Hopefully.

So now that we are not getting Dedicated Servers next week, can this update be given before the 15th? 
December

2 hours ago, Mio said:

I do not think creative and survival is not much different. With ability to spawn resources and all items, to not be needing oxygen or power or roads it renders normal gameplay obsolete, like who needs to go anywhere anymore :D¬†And colour picker while is all good can pick only colours around, cannot really make a step to the other planet and pick a colour from underground there, right? So I do prefer my terrain analyzers I think ūüėÉ

Eh, I think I would pretty much prefer something like lod anchor but for endless flying in certain area, and do the effort for building it instead of ruin whole game for creative mode.

eh, don't call the current sandbox mode 'survival'. apart from being able to die, there is not much else that compares to survival mode in other games. 

as for resourcs, yeah in sandbox it takes a little time to set up your 3-4 bases on each planet and haul a rover full of silos of resources back to base. but after that is done you have infinite resources anyway. so the difference for me between sandbox and crative is whether i have to look for the storage silo with the proper resources or can take them right out of the catalog. basically a convenience improvement i personally just classify as a QoL change.

and don't forget that in sandbox most people don't start new games that often but rather play on their old saves... so you can scratch the build-up phase from the comparison and it is the only time where the gameplay really differs beyond some convenience details.

as for roads... do you use them? gameplay wise there no point of having multiple bases on one planet and therefore nothing to connect with roads. okay there is the ramp to the planet core that one uses once(!). i mean whole point of making roads is to reuse them to boost efficiency. but given that we have drill+payer+rover combo there is no point in doing that! it's a free movement option that is even better then the fly mode in creative as it basically allows you to completely ignore terrain (unless going into the sky where you will eventually run out of soil). fine, i admit that using the drill+paver in this capacity is not a great choice because changing so much terrain impacts performance and doesn't look pretty. maybe roads could be practical to help orientation to mark a certain route - similar to what i mostly use tethers for in the early game. but the planet core is trivial to find and besides that there is not much reason to travel the planet or at least revisit any location.

color picker: yeah, you are right. the pipette is a nice addition, but still inferior to the terrain analyser in several aspects. that makes it even less of an distinctive feature between the modes but rather a minor QoL. not sure how that helps your argument though. 

7 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

Hats? I heard hats. I saw Joe's face. He seemed really giddy. That scares me.¬†ūüėĪ¬†
I don't want to prejudge, I'm trying not to. Deep breath, open mind............ 
I'm hoping hats is an acronym for: Hydrazine Attached Thruster Shoes?
Oh dear Lord please don't let hats be the Creative Update's¬†version of chess. Please let it be cool.¬†Please hats, have some legs¬†ūü§ě

7 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Hats? I heard hats. I saw Joe's face. He seemed really giddy. That scares me.¬†ūüėĪ¬†
I don't want to prejudge, I'm trying not to. Deep breath, open mind............ 
I'm hoping hats is an acronym for: Hydrazine Attached Thruster Shoes?
Oh dear Lord please don't let hats be the Creative Update's¬†version of chess. Please let it be cool.¬†Please hats, have some legs¬†ūü§ě

Lol, hats are soo out of Astroneer's style.

4 hours ago, The Power Of Grayskull said:

Hahaah that thing is so dumb and ugly, that's a PS4 exclusive that can Stay exclusive.

Even I thought the same, I don't like it. But I guess it was made to be only a PS4 exclusive only, let us just appreciate the effort and move on.

9 minutes ago, TMarcher74 said:

Even I thought the same, I don't like it. But I guess it was made to be only a PS4 exclusive only, let us just appreciate the effort and move on.

Yeah I don't mean to be rude to the artists, I see that it's supposed to have PS4 controller elements, and for that purpose is well executed. Pretty creative idea.

Edited by The Power Of Grayskull

13 hours ago, Killtech said:

not sure how that helps your argument though.

Was there an argument? :) what I was saying that creative mode basically destroying normal mode (if u do not like survival, lets not use it, I am also surviving no problem :D). There will be no satisfaction in building and creating using all the things from catalogue on demand if we didn't play the game to acquire them. Like ppl said in the other post, shine of the game will fade. But, thankfully the thing is optional and not have to be used :) Nothing to worry about.

On 11/6/2019 at 9:37 PM, TMarcher74 said:

control.png

Hammerhead Shark? Apex predator collection? 
For me it's the kneepads that is giving me the willies. If they were smaller, like the ones on the shoulders, yeah I'd be diggin it a lot more. A lot!
Why is this exclusively for console players?
Sell it to me! $2.99? $3.99? EASY money! 

3 minutes ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Hammerhead Shark? Apex predator collection? 
For me it's the kneepads that is giving me the willies. If they were smaller, like the ones on the shoulders, yeah I'd be diggin it a lot more. A lot!
Why is this exclusively for console players?
Sell it to me! $2.99? $3.99? EASY money! 

yeah, i'd probable would buy it, too.

but out of curiosity, a space suit always includes headgear... which translates to 'hat' in other games. and we can also exchange the visor separately. say, weren't you staunchly opposed to such cosmetic stuff in the other thread?

19 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

I am sad that PC gamers did not get any exclusive suit or any cosmetic :(

ūüĖē¬†PC gamers!¬†

Ok, I'm so over the creative update. 
Can we get on with some important information? Where are the leaks for the December update? Other than the boxes with the bows on them.

Did we have them in the past? Boxes with bows? Do I remember them?

Ok the December roadmap

Holiday Community Event = I'm hopeful for some type of charity thing where we all can somehow help others.  

Dedicated Server Beta = Take your time. It's better to be correct than meet a deadline. I know, I'm usually correct and always late.¬†ūüėé
People will complain but the good folks on this forum will inform them "SES is delaying to get it right." And don't worry, don't worry. I won't be telling any complainers about the servers. I'm not one of the good folks on this forum¬†ūüė°

Cross Play ........ = Means nothing to me. Then again it shouldn't. I don't care what platform someone uses, I play with everyone

Server Management.... =¬† Ok, I suppose, sounds good? Great? Average?¬†ūü§∑‚Äć‚ôāÔłŹ

In game server browsing.... = Please someone explain this to me, TY.

A very interesting new development = Positive thoughts, trying to stay positive......hoping this new development comes from the suggestion forum on this site....hoping it comes from the suggestion forum on this site....tapping my heels three times....ūü§ě

Thus far, now that servers won't be coming until 2020, this sure is one very light/small update

Maybe other things will be added?
Maybe we will get two updates in the very merry month of December?

Will there be a new years surprise?

Leeks are good! Share your leeks!
Leek'em if you got 'em! 
BRB, I gotta take a le...¬†ūüėē

10 hours ago, The Power Of Grayskull said:

Big question, are both consoles receiving both of the new visors, or only their corresponding visor? I'm on Xbox and I really want that PlayStation one.

You won't be getting Play station visor, but I think Xbox visor is much better than Playstation's.

2 minutes ago, TMarcher74 said:

You won't be getting Play station visor, but I think Xbox visor is much better than Playstation's.

Well I think they're both good and both should have both, why perpetuate exclusivity? It's an anti-consumer practice. But whatever, is what it is.

5 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Exclusivity is fine as long as everyone gets to experience it!

Hate to drag out something off-topic, but there really is no benefit to players from exclusivity, it was born to complicate the consumer's choice of device, to leave us torn, and muscle people into buying a specific device, and has torn apart the gaming community for generations. Personally I don't advocate it beyond 1st party exclusives, as it has no redeemable qualities.

I also think it would be a sign of good will and hope to allow and see Xbox players using PS4 themed items and vice versa ūüĖĖ