Sign in to follow this  
The Touch of Grey Gamer

Jetpack/Portable Oxygenator

Yes ,but I would recommend you to use an oxygen tank so that you won't have to stop often to fill up your oxygen tank. If you are using jetpack for long journeys then I would recommend you to take these items-

• 1 or 2 Extra oxygen tank(s)
  • Small power generator
  • Battery
  • Obviously the jetpack and the portable oxygenator

By this you fill 6 slots on your backpack.

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

However the jetpack does not provide power to the backpack
Should it?

How does the jetpack produce power to the backpack? Did you find a bug or something?
Its a jetpack that lets you fly around not produce power.

Edited by TMarcher74

2 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

Its a jetpack that lets you fly around not produce power.

But you said the PO could be powered by the jetpack

I'm not suggesting there is a bug
I'm just curious

Because when flying around and using a drill mod, I runs out of power. So if the PO could be powered by the jetpacks then why not drill mods? Or other things? 
Just thinkin out loud 

8 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

But you said the PO could be powered by the jetpack

I'm not suggesting there is a bug
I'm just curious

Because when flying around and using a drill mod, I runs out of power. So if the PO could be powered by the jetpacks then why not drill mods? Or other things? 
Just thinkin out loud 

My bad I miss-understood your question, let me make it clear, the jetpack won't provide power to anything. It's just a jetpack, sorry for the confusion.:/

Edited by TMarcher74

10 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

My bad I miss-understood your question, let me make it clear, the jetpack won't provide power to anything. It's just a jetpack, sorry for the confusion.:/

Well should/could they?
Jetpacks are producing energy, yes?
A battery supplies power to a backpack. A small wind turbine produces energy to replenish a backpack. Why not the jetpack?
Maybe there is or are reasons why not?

1 hour ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

Well should/could they?
Jetpacks are producing energy, yes?
A battery supplies power to a backpack. A small wind turbine produces energy to replenish a backpack. Why not the jetpack?
Maybe there is or are reasons why not?

multiple reason i can think of:

1. overpowered items that flatly replace all energy items for one. i prefer a balanced approach the game encouraging me to build all the stuff there is rather then obsoleting stuff. 
  2. god mod exploration obsoleting most game mechanics with near unlimited energy + oxygen (from generator). obsoleting two fundamental survival mechanics is a bad idea. it's great for creative gameplay, sure but terrible for a survival mode. with this setup jetpacks could also make even vehicles obsolete as a plain better means to get around and transport stuff...
  3. jetpacks seem to use a rocket propulsion system so no reason why they would generate electric energy realistically. 

can't you just wait a little until creative mode will become available? sometimes you terrify me by encouraging stuff that would make the game unpleasant and boring for me.

2 hours ago, Killtech said:

multiple reason i can think of:

1. overpowered items that flatly replace all energy items for one. i prefer a balanced approach the game encouraging me to build all the stuff there is rather then obsoleting stuff. 
  2. god mod exploration obsoleting most game mechanics with near unlimited energy + oxygen (from generator). obsoleting two fundamental survival mechanics is a bad idea. it's great for creative gameplay, sure but terrible for a survival mode. with this setup jetpacks could also make even vehicles obsolete as a plain better means to get around and transport stuff...
  3. jetpacks seem to use a rocket propulsion system so no reason why they would generate electric energy realistically. 

can't you just wait a little until creative mode will become available? sometimes you terrify me by encouraging stuff that would make the game unpleasant and boring for me.

1-2-3 thanks for the explanation(s). This is why I ask questions

4. I will never use creative mode. It is just not for me. First, I'm not that creative. Second, after playing the same save game for as long as I have, I'm pretty much in God mode anyway.

5. Everything I encourage is always "optional". I love player options. The ability for everyone to play the game they way they want/like. I think this game sets itself up perfectly for this type of gameplay. I wish we had more player options but sadly we do not.