Killtech

Printer menus getting cluttered and at their limits

Okay, so with every update and new items added the UI is getting closer to its limits. my little backpack printer is getting totally overburdened with so many recipes but same applies to all other printers as well. to find the stuff i need i have to do a lot of clicking, and the more clicking i do, the faster i tend to do it thus possibly skipping the item i wanted... and i have to make another loop over the recipes... Now that we get regular monthly updates i start to dread on the thought of researching new stuff for that very reason (no way to unresearch stuff, is there?).

okay time to talk solution but any ideas are welcome. so let's see what we can come up with:

1. often enough i know what i need for the stuff i want to build, so it would be cool to be able to filter recipes by a selected ingredient. This filtering could be specified by dragging the resource into the printer slot (at least for the backpack printer).
  2. we only use left and right key to browse through blueprints. time to get two dimensional and use the up/down key to browse categories (with one being all blueprints?). that would be along the UI of the research menu.
  3. favorites? could be implemented as a special category mentioned in 2. special hotkey would toggle blueprints as favorites.

6 hours ago, Killtech said:

Okay, so with every update and new items added the UI is getting closer to its limits. my little backpack printer is getting totally overburdened with so many recipes but same applies to all other printers as well. to find the stuff i need i have to do a lot of clicking, and the more clicking i do, the faster i tend to do it thus possibly skipping the item i wanted... and i have to make another loop over the recipes... Now that we get regular monthly updates i start to dread on the thought of researching new stuff for that very reason (no way to unresearch stuff, is there?).

okay time to talk solution but any ideas are welcome. so let's see what we can come up with:

1. often enough i know what i need for the stuff i want to build, so it would be cool to be able to filter recipes by a selected ingredient. This filtering could be specified by dragging the resource into the printer slot (at least for the backpack printer).
  2. we only use left and right key to browse through blueprints. time to get two dimensional and use the up/down key to browse categories (with one being all blueprints?). that would be along the UI of the research menu.
  3. favorites? could be implemented as a special category mentioned in 2. special hotkey would toggle blueprints as favorites.

+1, I would like if they make it alphabetical order at least.