Lemon

time to rage quit

So there I am on Atrox, dragging my large shuttle to a gateway, loaded with 5 rovers, all the resources to unlock all gateways,  4 storages filled with batteries, drill, RTG and enough hydrazene to fly anywhere... Then some piece of SH*T flower spits and blows up my shuttle with everything on it and respawns me back on Sylva... FML.

well, first time when I came to Atrox I was afraid to make even a step :D everything was so suspicious. And description said "treacherous grounds" which make me walk only those black ridges which looked safe enough hehe. And I was smashing everything even harmless flora because I didn't know what are those and experimenting with the shuttle just behind me was not a good idea. It was actually fun, to land on completely unknown for the first time. And even it is very sad to lose a shuttle with so many goodies, it is an experience which would make me try again but be more cautious. Actually after reading a post title I thought shuttle fell thru textures or some other bug, that be a reason for rage quitting, but being blown up by hostile flora is surely not :)

11 hours ago, Lemon said:

So there I am on Atrox, dragging my large shuttle to a gateway, loaded with 5 rovers, all the resources to unlock all gateways,  4 storages filled with batteries, drill, RTG and enough hydrazene to fly anywhere... Then some piece of SH*T flower spits and blows up my shuttle with everything on it and respawns me back on Sylva... FML.

'F' in the chat for him and his shuttle,

F, those plants shoot at you and when it hits hydrazine in your shuttle thruster then it explodes destroying everything with it, yes Atrox is dangerous.

I had hydrazine and methane in my backpack when I got hit by one of those things for the first time. I think it was the biggest crater I've ever seen created by an explosion before. And the flash was impressive too. Terrible way to go, but I learned a lesson from that first "big badda boom" and that was to take out the dangerous plant life before it can take you out. I also learned that finding out which plant life is deadly can be an exciting and ,often, deadly process. 

Yea, I walked like 10 feet away from my shuttle on my first time on Atrox. It exploded my jetpack fuel, so I wasn't too happy. I have found however, that no plant will attack you aslong as you are in a rover seat. I've found it pretty useful. :)

Yep, being in the rover makes you invisible to the deadly plants. Just make sure you are at a safe distance or in a safe location before you park and exit the vehicle. They seem to operate on "Line of Sight" so if you are below a ridge or behind an object you should be OK. I'm just glad the projectiles they fire keep going straight and don't have any "homing" capability that would follow you wherever you ran.

On 10/7/2019 at 6:03 AM, Doge229 said:

Yea, I walked like 10 feet away from my shuttle on my first time on Atrox. It exploded my jetpack fuel, so I wasn't too happy. I have found however, that no plant will attack you aslong as you are in a rover seat. I've found it pretty useful. :)

TIL^, thanks for that ,not leaving my rover on Atrox now.