Sign in to follow this  
The Touch of Grey Gamer

Introducing…..Diamond Astro-Miners!

It is my belief that there is an injustice being perpetrated on us all! Well, that is rather dramatic and a complete exaggeration! However, I do feel that two resources: Diamonds & Scrap should be up for discussion for a game play adjustment.

My suggestion:
Diamonds are used very little and talked about less. Diamonds are very valuable and scrap, eh, not so much. However, scrap needs to play a more important role in the construction of most of our buildable’s. Scrap fills in the gaps where two or three combined resources just don’t cover all the bases. Examples; hinges, screws, knobs, handles, wire, antenna, widgets and many other little unsung heroes of the buildable world!

One:
New Machine
Diamond Cutter
One Resin, One Carbon, One Scrap & One Compound on large printer makes the DCM
One Astronium, One Coal & One Quartz on the medium printer makes the diamond cutter blade, DCB (there can be four blades one for each diamond cut if one thought it would be better)
4 different diamond cuts can be made: Asscher, Marquise, Radiant & Emerald

Two:
Trade Platform now only accepts diamonds not scrap
Different diamond cuts will be required for different types of traded materials. For example; to trade for graphite you will need Radiant cut diamonds, for Lithium Emerald cut and so on…

Three:
If a piece of scrap can be added to the recipe then it needs to added to as many recipes as there is room to add or that make sense to add scrap to. I don’t have an exact number but it should be as many as possible IMHO because it can provide that extra level of detail, we would have to account for to construct items.

Four:
Things that would be a great value to any government or corporation (EXO Dynamics) such as; diamonds have little to no value in today’s game. Right now, scrap is overvalued and diamonds/astronium are undervalued, IMHO.
To utilize these three items to the fullest would be to make a change in their values.
Currently scrap is a traded commodity which is doubtful that any corporation or government would want scrap. Diamonds are a commodity that a government or corporation(s) would want to obtain in trade for other resources.

We would need a new machine, The Diamond Cutter to turn raw diamonds into a cut diamond
We need a trade platform requirement resource change to accept only diamonds
We need medium and large printer recipe changes to include scrap

What say you?

Say it!
Say it!

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

It is my belief that there is an injustice being perpetrated on us all! Well, that is rather dramatic and a complete exaggeration! However, I do feel that two resources: Diamonds & Scrap should be up for discussion for a game play adjustment.

My suggestion:
Diamonds are used very little and talked about less. Diamonds are very valuable and scrap, eh, not so much. However, scrap needs to play a more important role in the construction of most of our buildable’s. Scrap fills in the gaps where two or three combined resources just don’t cover all the bases. Examples; hinges, screws, knobs, handles, wire, antenna, widgets and many other little unsung heroes of the buildable world!

One:
New Machine
Diamond Cutter
One Resin, One Carbon, One Scrap & One Compound on large printer makes the DCM
One Astronium, One Coal & One Quartz on the medium printer makes the diamond cutter blade, DCB (there can be four blades one for each diamond cut if one thought it would be better)
4 different diamond cuts can be made: Asscher, Marquise, Radiant & Emerald

Two:
Trade Platform now only accepts diamonds not scrap
Different diamond cuts will be required for different types of traded materials. For example; to trade for graphite you will need Radiant cut diamonds, for Lithium Emerald cut and so on…

Three:
If a piece of scrap can be added to the recipe then it needs to added to as many recipes as there is room to add or that make sense to add scrap to. I don’t have an exact number but it should be as many as possible IMHO because it can provide that extra level of detail, we would have to account for to construct items.

Four:
Things that would be a great value to any government or corporation (EXO Dynamics) such as; diamonds have little to no value in today’s game. Right now, scrap is overvalued and diamonds/astronium are undervalued, IMHO.
To utilize these three items to the fullest would be to make a change in their values.
Currently scrap is a traded commodity which is doubtful that any corporation or government would want scrap. Diamonds are a commodity that a government or corporation(s) would want to obtain in trade for other resources.

We would need a new machine, The Diamond Cutter to turn raw diamonds into a cut diamond
We need a trade platform requirement resource change to accept only diamonds
We need medium and large printer recipe changes to include scrap

What say you?

Say it!
Say it!

I like you diamond cutter machine idea, the cutter can be used to reduce the size of junk so that it can be scrapped too, but about trading diamonds instead of scrap I could totally agree on that since diamond makes a better currency that scrap does, but the problem here is what does the trade platform do to get the items we need?, where does it go? If it is using the scrap for something than I guess scrap is better used for trading items.
So we need an explanation or theories where the trade platform is getting the unlimited supply of resources?

Edited by TMarcher74

15 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

So we need an explanation or theories where the trade platform is getting the unlimited supply of resources?

This, we will not be receiving

Therefore we have to make our own story. So my theory is that diamonds are far more valuable and far more trade-able than scrap. Scrap however has a place, a very important place but that place is in crafting 
Craft with scrap trade diamonds 

What if hundreds of years into the future, material things such as diamonds are useless? We all know the astroneer itself isn't actually human, and the space station is completely automated to produce another astroneer if the previous was lost/destroyed. For all we know, the space station is humanities last hope in finding a new home, but we need a new way to get there because it would take millennia to reach such distances (hence, the gate ways and our "fascination" about such artifacts).

Also, if you watched closely, you could see that the computer used SCRAPS to build another astroneer after ours went into the portal. (can't find an image, sorry😥)

Obviously (almost) everything can be scrapped, and I know for sure not everything is made out of 1 uniform metal-like material. The scrapper does indeed compress platforms made of resin onto small manageable scrap chunks, but it does so RTGs as well. and so...

MY theory is that the space station is completely automated by means of exceptional programming and fool proofing. As an astroneer is created, the station uses scraps to do so, but again, the station's resources are finite. how does it get the scrap? simple! from us of course! Every time we use a shredder, every time we use a trade platform, we are giving the space station scrap to create more "fail safes" in case we cease to exist, or fail to follow thru with our primary objective. How it created the first astroneer was another yet simple process of putting it on the station before hand on Earth. How we get materials for trade is probably similar to the soil centrifuge we currently use. The scraps sent to the station are used to create spare astroneers, and the remaining scrap is separated on a molecular level back into their base chemical forms to assist the already pre-existing astroneer currently out on their "mission" to investigate the gateways and find a suitable new home for life on a new planet.

So yah, diamonds are pretty useless unless turned into scrap, and yah, astronium is pretty "rarted", but that's because there IS NO USE FOR IT, besides bytes because the information that it gives us allows us to understand these new found regions and the astroneer is rewarded with more technology to help it excel  in its primary function.

But that's just a theory (pls try to fight that urge (I know you know what i'm talking about)). so... yah. I SAY THIS! None of this is technically true, but its a fun way to put our problems to rest. After all, if we really wanted to live in reality, we wouldn't be playing video games XD.

Now, what say you?

say it, say it.

Posted (edited)

OH! I forgot to mention that system era is probably a company founded by the UN to locate and retrieve information on the closest habitable solar systems. probably on a post apocalyptic earth or something. No biggie

* the remaining billions of humans are put shocked in horror as their attempts at survival were belittled by the very astroneer they sent out to assist them🤣

Edited by EmeraldGamerr
GRAMMER XD

1 hour ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

What if hundreds of years into the future, material things such as diamonds are useless? We all know the astroneer itself isn't actually human, and the space station is completely automated to produce another astroneer if the previous was lost/destroyed. For all we know, the space station is humanities last hope in finding a new home, but we need a new way to get there because it would take millennia to reach such distances (hence, the gate ways and our "fascination" about such artifacts).

Also, if you watched closely, you could see that the computer used SCRAPS to build another astroneer after ours went into the portal. (can't find an image, sorry😥)

Obviously (almost) everything can be scrapped, and I know for sure not everything is made out of 1 uniform metal-like material. The scrapper does indeed compress platforms made of resin onto small manageable scrap chunks, but it does so RTGs as well. and so...

MY theory is that the space station is completely automated by means of exceptional programming and fool proofing. As an astroneer is created, the station uses scraps to do so, but again, the station's resources are finite. how does it get the scrap? simple! from us of course! Every time we use a shredder, every time we use a trade platform, we are giving the space station scrap to create more "fail safes" in case we cease to exist, or fail to follow thru with our primary objective. How it created the first astroneer was another yet simple process of putting it on the station before hand on Earth. How we get materials for trade is probably similar to the soil centrifuge we currently use. The scraps sent to the station are used to create spare astroneers, and the remaining scrap is separated on a molecular level back into their base chemical forms to assist the already pre-existing astroneer currently out on their "mission" to investigate the gateways and find a suitable new home for life on a new planet.

So yah, diamonds are pretty useless unless turned into scrap, and yah, astronium is pretty "rarted", but that's because there IS NO USE FOR IT, besides bytes because the information that it gives us allows us to understand these new found regions and the astroneer is rewarded with more technology to help it excel  in its primary function.

But that's just a theory (pls try to fight that urge (I know you know what i'm talking about)). so... yah. I SAY THIS! None of this is technically true, but its a fun way to put our problems to rest. After all, if we really wanted to live in reality, we wouldn't be playing video games XD.

Now, what say you?

say it, say it.

OH! I forgot to mention that system era is probably a company founded by the UN to locate and retrieve information on the closest habitable solar systems. probably on a post apocalyptic earth or something. No biggie

* the remaining billions of humans are put shocked in horror as their attempts at survival were belittled by the very astroneer they sent out to assist them🤣

Lol, I do like your theory about diamonds not being valuable in the future and space station being humanity's last hope.

-1 for toxicity.

you really didn't need to txt back

especially if you were coming back to be toxic

it's your post, do what you want, but man, you have a problem

(isn't the first time)

-1 for toxicity.

(isn't the first time)

I apologise on behalf of @The Touch of Grey Gamer , he is like that sometimes, just forgive him.

Also @The Touch of Grey Gamer, if you are looking for ideas then you have to be ready to read long passages, its worth it and interesting.
I hope the comment is not taken too seriously.

4 hours ago, EmeraldGamerr said:

-1 for toxicity.

(isn't the first time)

MMUUAAHH!
So, yeah ah, don't get your panties in a bunch @EmeraldGamerr I was just bustin your beachballs!

Of course I read it. 

And, like you and every other human, I've got more than one problem! 

Thanks for making me smile! 😘

Too easy, just too easy!

@TMarcher74 thanks for the love! Right back at ya!