8 hours ago, Anthony Titsworth said:

It would be awesome to have this game on the Nintendo switch I would buy it like I did on Xbox and PS4, it would be fun playing it while I’m working all night.

+1, I would buy a Nintendo switch if astroneer is released on it.

Hi there, I have a question. Would it be possible to run Astroneer on a Nintendo Switch. I love this game, and I think it would be the best if it was on switch. I think the only limitation would be world generation. It seems like it might work. Well, I don't really know, since I'm not a game dev, but think it would be cool!

This topic already exists ,go there and continue the discussion (just helping the mods to keep the forum tidy).

These two Nintendo Switch conversations have been merged.  Here's a bit more information from an interview with Joe
https://www.shacknews.com/article/113712/astroneer-coming-to-ps4-this-fall-but-not-nintendo-switch

TL;DR:  Optimizing for Xbox & PS4 has been a challenge in-and-of itself, they'd like to come to the Switch one day, but the handheld console has limited capabilities and they're not willing to strip out parts of the game or multi-player experience to make that happen.  They aren't saying they'll never do it, but it's just not feasible right now.

2 hours ago, Gina said:

These two Nintendo Switch conversations have been merged.  Here's a bit more information from an interview with Joe
https://www.shacknews.com/article/113712/astroneer-coming-to-ps4-this-fall-but-not-nintendo-switch

TL;DR:  Optimizing for Xbox & PS4 has been a challenge in-and-of itself, they'd like to come to the Switch one day, but the handheld console has limited capabilities and they're not willing to strip out parts of the game or multi-player experience to make that happen.  They aren't saying they'll never do it, but it's just not feasible right now.

I watched on youtube.......Worst interviewer ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74uu-QdXRU

Yeah, @The Touch of Grey Gamer, they aren't my favorite either.  Someone in the video comments asked if they were drunk, lol.  I'm pretty sure I've seen them do other interviews with Joe in the past, and they might be friends from years ago before Joe joined SES and they tend to blur the lines of professionalism.   I can feel Joe's pain in every awkward laugh. 😅😳

I can imagine a few problems porting this to the Switch.(based on my personal experience, I'm not an expert on the game or the switch's capabilities)

1. Specs: The Switch isn't SUPER-POWERFUL like many computers, and may have a hard time running Astroneer.

2. Multiplayer: Currently, almost all multiplayer for the Switch requires a Nintendo Switch Online subscription. Very few games and software have online modes without it.

3. Storage: Many sandbox games can get pretty massive in terms of save data storage, Astroneer isn't too bad about this, but super late-game saves may have issues with this.

There may be other issues as well. Like I said, I'm not an expert. :)