Schattenjaeger

[Suggestion] - Rover Seats eject to nearest patch of ground

At present, Rover Seats eject riders well clear of the vehicle - which, too often, means over the edge of a cliff. Sometimes resulting in death.

Modify the code to prevent the rider from being ejected over open space (eg find the nearest patch of ground that won't result in fall damage).

That is not how physics works, all you have to do is park your vehicle at a convenient spot to get of the rover, you don't park near a cliff and expect to get on the nearest ground, instead we should have a choice to decide from which side you want to get off the rover like the left or the right side. What do your think?

9 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

we should have a choice to decide from which side you want to get off the rover like the left or the right side.

+1

Could use the left stick (or whatever the PC controls are for steering) in conjunction with the Y button (Xbox One interaction button) to choose which side you want to exit the vehicle on.

10 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

That is not how physics works, all you have to do is park your vehicle at a convenient spot to get of the rover, you don't park near a cliff and expect to get on the nearest ground, instead we should have a choice to decide from which side you want to get off the rover like the left or the right side. What do your think?

Yeah, well, physics also doesn't usually set you a full car's-width to the side of your vehicle when you get out of it = P If I've got empty land wide enough to walk on next to the rover, I should end up there - not over the side of said narrow strip of land and falling to my (near) death.