Sign in to follow this  
Man of Steel

I have an idea for the use of Astronium.

To get to the depth where the Astronium is we(players) would already have amassed a lot of research points and probably have a nice self sustaining homestead. (I made it to the Astronium on 2 planets thus far.)(I have massive homesteads on all planets) I was hoping that maybe you could make a resource locator. So, us advanced players who are at end game, can pinpoint the locations on some sort of holographic interface. The interface would be transparent(adjustable) so it can be seen through. The resource selected would blip on the hologram in the direction of its location. Not sure how to determine distances since I don't know the scale in game of what a foot would be. We could use the Astronium to make the device. Along with whatever you deem appropriate. I think you get the idea. Hoping it makes it to the game. It would be a great asset I think.

Edited by WonderMan

Interesting.

Astronium is only found at the core so that puts Astronium at the apex of the resource tree.must be right?.

so..if you can gather enough and then refine it in a certain way it can be used to make something like a planetary resource scanner that can be set for each planet or moon and once switched on directs you towards what you to wish to gather prehaps even giving a rough distance as well.useful wouldnt you say

yes, the astronium on each individual planet or moon will have that planets signature making what you said possible. Also, crafting a specific planetary scanner should only be done in the backpack when on that planet or moon. Of course you can take it where ever you go but it wont work on another planet. Also the time it takes for the researcher to research a piece of astronium is way to long. I hope that System Era will cut the research time on it by 3/4 of its original time.

Edited by WonderMan

+1,nice idea about using astronium and the resource locator, I wish the current scanner would have also been used a resource locator.

I believe that since its harder to travel to each planet individually, and making it to the core requires new drill heads, Astronium should have different values on each planet. Maybe on Sylva, astronium is worth 1000 bytes like it does now, and it increases in value as you move from planet to planet.

I also think it would be cool for astronium on each planet to look different after it has been mined. Obviously it needs to keep its prismatic color, but i'm talking about the way it looks in your inventory. For example, astronium on Sylva has the default appearance that it currently has, similar to unrefined clay, or compound for that matter. And maybe it looks like lithium on Atrox. There are exactly 7 types of shapes unrefined ore can take, and those shapes include:

Bubbles (like compound)

Tubular (like resin)

Curve-like (like organic)

Stars (like unrefined tungsten)

Jagged (like unrefined aluminum)

Crystalline (like quartz)

and Pointy (like lithium)

I think this would be pretty cool because there is no real reason to mine astronium outside of your "Home Planet" of choice because they all look, and are worth the same🙄. This would give late-gamers another set of items to collect and another reason to branch out more and increase the amount of "back and forth material gathering" in between planets. What do you think🤔