evilmarius

Wanderer update achievement is bugged

Wanderer update achievement is bugged.

I found all the probes. My final probe was in Athrox but nothing happened when I completed it. Scanner was gone, probe was activated, no skins unlocked.

Now I cannot find the probe. I traveled to all planets and searched for missing ones but it seems I completed all.

How can we resolve this bug? Is there a possible work around for this one?

Thank you.

I double checked the game, but there is no offline warning. Steam and Client are up to date. I just could not get the last achievement and now probe scanner cannot find any probes since I found them all.

Just to be clear, if you're seeing this

offline.png.1d83449d65ca05251dda27183bc62597.png

then Astroneer can't track your achievements.

Did you see the "holographic" Astroneer when you activated the last probe? You have to interact with it, he/she wants to take a picture of you. If you have missed that bit you should be able to trigger it again by attaching another scanner to the probe.

Hi.

I am not offline. For the probe, I did not see any holographic astroneer when I installed scanner.

I can try again since I restarted the game for several times but I cannot find the probe. Scanner does not work.

Any ideas for finding the probe in Athrox ?

Thanks.

It will be in the "Swiss cheese" biome. Swiss cheese because the terrain is heavily fragmented. I'm not sure how to locate that, though, other than exploring the planet. Perhaps someone knows where it's located (if it is in a set area at all).

I found the probe. it was really hard. Put the camera on the scene, attacheds the scanner, took a photo of the astroneer in the wormhole, got the achievements.

it is resolved.

However, probe scanners should work if achievement is not completed.

Dear System Era, fyi :)

So i found the probe on Sylvia and put the scanner in, however i was offline and it said i discovered it but i never got the palette unlocked. Any ideas on how to fix this?

On 9/30/2019 at 4:24 AM, evilmarius said:

Wanderer update achievement is bugged.

I found all the probes. My final probe was in Athrox but nothing happened when I completed it. Scanner was gone, probe was activated, no skins unlocked.

Now I cannot find the probe. I traveled to all planets and searched for missing ones but it seems I completed all.

How can we resolve this bug? Is there a possible work around for this one?

Thank you.

So i found the Desolo one while i was online, put the scanner in but didn't get a palette for it. Any way to fix this? thanks 

you must be online to get the achievement. Produce another scanner, go to probe, you have to find it on your own since scanner will not work, try again. If you are online, you'll get the achievement.

Well the Desolo one was online but it never gave me the skin once i found it. Any way to submit a bug report to get them to unlock the skins for me?

I have a simular bug. I have found all the probes and used the probe on all of them. I've left desolo (new horizons) for last. But here's where my bug differs. Not only I don't get the suit/pallete, as well as I do see a black hole (einstein-rose bridge) but I can't see the wanderer, no matter what I do. I can upload a pic/video if needed. I was connected during all the attempts, but no matter what I do, I cannot get the last achievement nor unlock all palletes/suit.

40 minutes ago, mallaig said:

@grazzolini Us mere mortals can't view that video.

I had to crop it down and compress it a bit, so it would fit under the file size limit. But that file should open on any decent video player. I can try to crop it a little further and perhaps even make a gif of it (or put it on youtube).

I'm sure the video is fine, I just can't open the attachment. I think it's a permission setting on this forum.