PsyberWolf309

[steam] [1.5.8.0] Walking on planet after deforming causes walking to be difficult

So, I'm on glacio right now and after leveling an area around the northern gateway I can't walk without getting hung up on invisible objects (polygons of the planet??)  Sometimes, it takes having the jetpack to be able to move again.

I suspect this is something being covered under the heading of "Flat 2.0" on the roadmap - notably, the fact that "flat" is not actually flat, or consistent. Smoothing the same patches of land with the TerraTool from various starting points within that patch will make small changes to the actual "level" of the whole thing. A probable knock-on effect of the fact that terrain voxels are almost never naturally level except, possibly, at your starting spot on Sylva and the Gateway Temples.

Edited by Schattenjaeger

In my recent save I can't move around on Atrox without constantly having to jump. I joined a MP session a little while ago (v1.5.8.0 patch) and I had no problems moving on Atrox then. Also, in another (much older) save of mine I have no problems moving around on Atrox either.

I suspect it's a glitch when the planets are procedurally generated for the first time.