KOR_APUcard

Why not adding new elements? Add the Plutonium and Tritium!

You know, In Astroneer, when you print the RTG, you need a Nano-carbon Alloy and Lithium. But in real world RTG is not using Lithium! that's using Plutonium.
(More scientific info: Plutonium 238)

And I wanted a new power generator. The Fusion Reactor. You know the Astroneer is Sci-Fi genre. But why not add a fusion reactor? Fusion reactor is so VERY fascinating power source!

Fusion reactor is using Deuterium or Tritium, this will be more powerful than RTG, It is very excellent energy efficient, and you don't have to worry about the reactor exploding.

And the fusion reactor is create helium after reaction.

Please add a new elements.

Plutonium is must be added on Atrox. (With much deeper in the mantle.)

Tritium is can be must combining in Chemistry Lab modules.

And finally, add the Fusion Reactor If you can.

Edited by KOR_APUcard

Posted (edited)

Instead of adding plutonium, they could use astronium as a required material for the rtg. Found at the center of the planet, it could be very radioactive like other elements near earth's core and be something that would have a very practical use in an RTG.

Edited by The Blue Dragon

On 10/5/2019 at 2:44 AM, The Blue Dragon said:

Instead of adding plutonium, they could use Astronium as a required material for the rtg. Found at the center of the planet, it could be very radioactive like other elements near earth's core and be something that would have a very practical use in an RTG.

^^^^^^ +1

I'm pretty sure that they want to keep astronium as a research only material.

a purpose for Astronium???

+1!

I've seen many suggestions like this before but its not like I don't like the idea anymore! The RTG has a weird recipe...Lithium? Astronium would fit much better.

Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 6:14 AM, The Blue Dragon said:

Instead of adding plutonium, they could use astronium as a required material for the rtg. Found at the center of the planet, it could be very radioactive like other elements near earth's core and be something that would have a very practical use in an RTG.

Yeah, that's good idea too. Actually Astronium is buried near the core. So it certainly looks radioactive material. But you know, Astronium is too nearby the core. And the core isn't actually core because the planet's core is already replaced to Gateway Core.

Astronium is buried too deep near the core. And currently it's a mysterious material. Which mean, it's rare, unique and still mysterious material.
I think the Astronium is fit to Alien Power Generator.

However Plutonium is buried near the core too but not too nearby. And it is harmful to us but a familiar material. Which mean, it's rare too but not unique. Hmm, that's weird.
But most Plutonium is artificial. Sometimes rarely natural.

Edited by KOR_APUcard

It always fills me with joy to see how people want to see nuclear power plant in every building game possible. Like it is still considered the most advanced and effective way to get the power, despite all this ecofreak bigotry.

Still, I don't think such thing is appropriate for the astroneer. We can have a bigger power plant though. We have a small one running on organic, and a medium one running on coal. I would say that the large one should run on hydrazine. We already have it in game, and it is the most advanced fuel used for everything else.

1 hour ago, Morse said:

It always fills me with joy to see how people want to see nuclear power plant in every building game possible. Like it is still considered the most advanced and effective way to get the power, despite all this ecofreak bigotry.

Still, I don't think such thing is appropriate for the astroneer. We can have a bigger power plant though. We have a small one running on organic, and a medium one running on coal. I would say that the large one should run on hydrazine. We already have it in game, and it is the most advanced fuel used for everything else.

I can agree with you but hydrazine is used everywhere, in jetpacks ,making other resources in chemistry lab, hydrazine thrusters, its just a matter of time you will run out of ammonia, even the soil centrifuge won't be enough. We need something more, something which would be dangerous and having consequences if overused.

20 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

but hydrazine is used everywhere

Not entirely true. Yes, it is used as thruster's fuel, but one canister is enough for quite a number of travels. In the chem-lab it is used only for graphene. And I don't entirely understand what hydrazine has to do with the graphene, there is no real-life basis for this, so it could be easily replaced with, basically, anything else. Especially since there's a bug... 

So hydrazine being just "ultimate fuel" would be logical.

The problem with nuclear on the other hand, is to depict it properly. If it will be "like coal, only more powerful" that wouldn't be very interesting. If it will be the whole cycle: enrichment-containment-recycling, it would be too complicated. We already have ritegs for the "complicated hi-end energy source". So between medium generator and riteg we have not that much maneuver space gameplay-wise.