Doge229

How to create hidden oxygen networks in your flat base!

Is your base getting expansive enough that your not always connected to oxygen? Do you think tethers will make your nice flat terrain look ugly?

Worry no more! For I have the quick tutorial that will solve all your problems!(or at least fix the problems stated above...)

Part 1: The Setup

You will need: 1 Narrow Mod, 1 Wide Mod, 1 Alignment Mod, 1+ Soil Canister, Tethers(number will vary), and a Terrain Analyzer with the color of your choice(optional, but looks cool.)

If you have not already flattened out your base, I recommend doing so using the Alignment Mod and your Flatten key. 

Part 2: The Digging/Placing

Next, move to the platform closest to the area you want to oxygenate. Equip the Narrow Mod and the Alignment Mod, and dig a hole right up against the platform, about 1.5 Astroneers deep.20190920174121_1.thumb.jpg.e0fc73777a276f341c8411effce14e25.jpg

Now, move into the are you wish to oxygenate, and dig another hole the same depth, but make sure it is within tether distance of the first hole. 20190920174254_1.thumb.jpg.120ec0b062f8195e6e6b229c02357fba.jpg

Continue digging holes until the area is sufficiently covered. Then, place a tether in each hole, right side up. Make sure that all of the tethers are connected to each other. If not, redig the holes in locations that will allow them to connect.

Part 3: The Cover-up

Equip the Wide Mod, the Alignment Mod, and the Terrain Analyzer(if applicable), flatten the holes over. If the holes are deep enough, the terrain you add won't mess up the tethers. Ta-da!!! Smooth  Oxygenated Base!

20190920174354_1.thumb.jpg.d514bfc642e5ad548d49903d344d1a3a.jpg20190920174358_1.thumb.jpg.1a9b301f299acc1442e03592e03c8923.jpg

:PI still can't believe how flat your base is, maybe it is truly flat after all?Idk but the base looks amazing 👍

@TMarcher74 When you get right close to it, you can see some slightly different areas, because it is damn near impossible to get trueflat. What I did is use the Alignment mod and flatten key, but when I sample the flatten(as in, choose the polygon to copy outward), I use the Shelter base. The alignment mod is needed because otherwise it shoots into the sky, while technically one flat polygon. With the alignment mod, the flatten will bend to fit the "tangent of the planet". I also use my terrain analyzer(sampled from the bottom of sylva mountains) while building so its flat and colored. If anyone would like to take a look for themselves, hmu on steam. My username is Doge229, with a phoenix avatar(diff from the one on this site). Just make sure you tell me you're from the forum, or I'll get confused.

6 hours ago, Doge229 said:

@TMarcher74 When you get right close to it, you can see some slightly different areas, because it is damn near impossible to get trueflat. What I did is use the Alignment mod and flatten key, but when I sample the flatten(as in, choose the polygon to copy outward), I use the Shelter base. The alignment mod is needed because otherwise it shoots into the sky, while technically one flat polygon. With the alignment mod, the flatten will bend to fit the "tangent of the planet". I also use my terrain analyzer(sampled from the bottom of sylva mountains) while building so its flat and colored.

Oh I see, maybe I need to make a colour scale someday collected from all the planets.

16 hours ago, TMarcher74 said:

Oh I see, maybe I need to make a colour scale someday collected from all the planets.

I'd be happy to help out with the planning and crafting, and the organizing if ya want :D

I am doing same thing with extenders, this way I can have nice groups of stations with no visible cablework between them :) plus oxygen everywhere

19 hours ago, Mio said:

I am doing same thing with extenders, this way I can have nice groups of stations with no visible cablework between them :) plus oxygen everywhere

niiiiiice :D