Astroagronomist

It's the place to be!

Level 1 = Farmhand
Level 2 = Farmer
Level 3 = Astrogronomist 

Level 1
Collect seeds by destroying fauna 
Plant seeds with crushed Astronium (new machine needed to crush Astronium and one new machine needed to spread crushed Astronium) Astronium is plant food
Plants grow and produce new and different plants!

Level 2
Those new plants you grew produce new seeds!
Must build a new germination machine where the new seeds must be stored to be germinated
Must build a new grafting machine that allows the user to combine two (or more seeds) to create an entirely new seed! Which will produce an entirely new plant!

Level 3
Must build a greenhouse (modular greenhouse that can be built as large as one desires)
Must build an automatic day/light/wind sensor machine that provides the greenhouse with the moving glass panels it will need to grow those new plants. Those new plants need some direct light, some filtered light, some wind but too much or it will kill the plants. And if you ever lose power, all plants die within a short period of time.
Must build a heater/cooler depending on the planet you are farming on

DisclaImer: I'm a city boy and I don't know chit about farming so there are probably additional steps in the process or different names etc. I'm just providing an outline. 
Astrogronomist is an Astroneer Agronomist 

Of course the next step would then be the transportation of the new plants to market! EXO Dynamics wants them? The Aliens want them? We need a new spacecraft to house the delicate plants? We need a new method of transporting them from farm to spacecraft? A new module for the rover? Maybe grow lights? Maybe we would need a different suit as some plants/seeds are poisonous? Also, I don't know what farming 500 years into the future looks like so whatever needs to be changed here to fit the future I'm fine with. 

What say you?
Say it! Say it!

Interesting idea, I'm not sure how farming would fit in this space game, but I do like the idea of a Greenhouse with specialized environments,(maybe to simulate other planets). Buildings with Interiors would be sick too.

10 hours ago, Doge229 said:

Interesting idea, I'm not sure how farming would fit in this space game, but I do like the idea of a Greenhouse with specialized environments,(maybe to simulate other planets). Buildings with Interiors would be sick too.

Well, I'm thinking, but I don't know because I'm not a scientist but wouldn't; someone, a company, a government want samples from any space exploration? Didn't Astronauts bring back rocks from the moon? If there were fauna on the moon, they would have left them there and brought back rocks? Or better yet, returned with nothing? 
Not one scientist would want a plant that shoots? Not one military? 
I don't know dood, I'm thinking it was SES that dropped the ball on this one. What do you think?

Speaking of not fitting..........Beachball soccer? Picture hoop camera racing? Hoop storage? How do these things fit into a space game?  

yes please! :)

I was thinking more in terms of terraforming and gardening, also wanted to grow trees and be able to replicate ALL planetary flora not only those destructable evil plants.

10 hours ago, Mio said:

yes please! :)

I was thinking more in terms of terraforming and gardening, also wanted to grow trees and be able to replicate ALL planetary flora not only those destructable evil plants.

I would agree. I think there is a lot of things that can be developed around fauna and science. 

I don't really think how an advanced farming mechanism would be for the type of player Astroneer is heading towards. I believe it would have a negative response to the update because it would not be a valuable addition and that it was a waste of time for the Astroneer development team as it will impact the games reputation towards it's intended audience, which should be space game players.

It would be interesting to add a farming update and would be cool and allow more variation for Astroneer. Such an advanced farming update with a whole new level system would not be necessary, although many of the things you suggested could be good for Astroneer's limited farming experience.

funny thing for any space player or space explorer - they must breathe :D

so if it is not gardening or planetary farming (why not though, we have planets right?) then it have to be form of farming to produce oxygen and maybe food for the ships or space stations.

But as a builder and decorator ofc it is gardening for me, I like to build my homes (my cities, my planets, my space stations) floral. Unity with nature for the win! :)

10 hours ago, 1nf1n1t3P0W4 said:

I don't really think how an advanced farming mechanism would be for the type of player Astroneer is heading towards. I believe it would have a negative response to the update because it would not be a valuable addition and that it was a waste of time for the Astroneer development team as it will impact the games reputation towards it's intended audience, which should be space game players.

It would be interesting to add a farming update and would be cool and allow more variation for Astroneer. Such an advanced farming update with a whole new level system would not be necessary, although many of the things you suggested could be good for Astroneer's limited farming experience.

These are the seeds I have found and are collecting:
Thistlewhip
Spinelily
Wheezeweed 
Daggeroot
Lashleaf
Popcoral
Bouncevine 
Mutant Elegant Spewflower  
Mutant Volatile Attacus 
Mutant Hissbine 
Mutant Volatile Cataplant 
Mutant Noxious Cataplant 
Mutant Boomallon 

Seems to me to be a decent start on our way to achieving the title of Astroagronomist! 

5 hours ago, The Touch of Grey Gamer said:

These are the seeds I have found and are collecting:
Thistlewhip
Spinelily
Wheezeweed 
Daggeroot
Lashleaf
Popcoral
Bouncevine 
Mutant Elegant Spewflower  
Mutant Volatile Attacus 
Mutant Hissbine 
Mutant Volatile Cataplant 
Mutant Noxious Cataplant 
Mutant Boomallon 

Seems to me to be a decent start on our way to achieving the title of Astroagronomist! 

ok