First/Simplest Item:

Tier 2 - Wireless Power Receiver

This item would be placed on the ground like a splitter, would have 3 output-only cable plugs, and a control panel(I'll get to how this works in a bit).

Next Item:

Tier 3 - Wireless Power Transmitter

This one goes on the ground as well, and has 4 input-only cable plugs. Control panel here too. Range only encompasses the planet it is on.

Final Item:

Tier 4 - Stellar Power Transmitter

Again, goes on the ground, is larger than the default transmitter, and has 8 input-only cable plugs. Control Panel here as well. Range encompasses entire solar system.

Okay, here is how this works:

There will be about a dozen power "channels" that the player can transmit on, each on its own wireless power network. The player can set the transmitters and receivers to any of the networks, with transmitters pushing power into the network, at the U/s they are getting, and receivers pulling power from the network, again at the same U/s the transmitters are getting. The control panels will have a network channel selector, and display the U/s being transmitted/received. If this needs to be more of a challenge, there could be a large power cost for transmitting, maybe 5-10 U/s per Receiver on the network.

Here's what this means:

With a system like this, players can set up a power plant base at one location(or multiple with multiple transmitters) and place multiple receivers at other locations to power their modules. The default transmitter can only send power on one planet, but the larger variant can send to any planet(if a player tries to receive a network that is out of range, than it will alert to player that it is out of range).

I could create a massive solar farm on Calidor, have that power a massive battery array, which goes into a Stellar Transmitter. I can then set up receivers on any other planet, set them to the network on Calidor, and power many bases.

Final Note:

I am open to suggestions on how to tweak this and make it better, and if anyone has a question, please ask!

+1. At first I was confused, but it seems like a really great Idea, Although the stellar power transmitter seems kind of OP. Secondly, what materials will it use? It doesn’t have to be one from the game, because I feel we need some new ones.

2 hours ago, Slipsonic said:

+1. At first I was confused, but it seems like a really great Idea, Although the stellar power transmitter seems kind of OP. Secondly, what materials will it use? It doesn’t have to be one from the game, because I feel we need some new ones.

I would normally leave byte cost and print materials to the devs, but I suppose I can think of those real quick....

*a short time later*

I'd say this stuff:

Wireless Power Receiver:

5000 Bytes, Titanium Alloy, and Aluminum Alloy

Wireless Power Transmitter:

7500 Bytes, Tungsten Carbide(Cause not enough stuff in this game uses it), Lithium, and Graphite maybe??

Stellar Power Transmitte:

15000 Bytes, Nanocarbon Alloy, Graphene, Lithium, and Astronium???

They should really make a lithium alloy.

ooo this is some futuristic science, love it!

though, I also think stellar is bit too much? we have rtg and batteries, can actually build stable power generating system anywhere. But to get rid of the cable work I am doing everywhere with digging trenches and placing extenders... that would be awesome! :)

I imagine transmitter is a tower we could insert medium batteries into - more of them - wider the circular area. Can be placed on a platform.

Then repeater - this one is like a lamppost, placeable on the ground, cannot attach anything to it, it is just for directed transmission of power in a long and narrow shape further into distance. It would have an indication if it is within power zone or not.

And finally a receiver, placed on tier 2 (like a medium storage, right?) slot on a platform, supplies platform and anything connected to platform. Also would need an indication I think.

14 minutes ago, Mio said:

long and narrow shape further into distance

I mean, BIG distance, not like extenders :)

8 hours ago, Mio said:

ooo this is some futuristic science, love it!

though, I also think stellar is bit too much? we have rtg and batteries, can actually build stable power generating system anywhere. But to get rid of the cable work I am doing everywhere with digging trenches and placing extenders... that would be awesome! :)

I imagine transmitter is a tower we could insert medium batteries into - more of them - wider the circular area. Can be placed on a platform.

Then repeater - this one is like a lamppost, placeable on the ground, cannot attach anything to it, it is just for directed transmission of power in a long and narrow shape further into distance. It would have an indication if it is within power zone or not.

And finally a receiver, placed on tier 2 (like a medium storage, right?) slot on a platform, supplies platform and anything connected to platform. Also would need an indication I think.

So what your saying is you want better extending abilities? What I was suggesting is I can have ONE power plant on a planet, then I can have multiple bases anywhere on the planet, no extensions or single power routes. Just BAM, new base anywhere. Plus, with a receiver, you could just carry that and power any gateway with no problems.

emm yeah, I know... I was just trying not to diminish too much purposes of all the equipment we already have. You know? Bam, base anywhere is good but then... I have nothing to do in game and I am bored? From my experience of games anyways :)

9 hours ago, Mio said:

emm yeah, I know... I was just trying not to diminish too much purposes of all the equipment we already have. You know? Bam, base anywhere is good but then... I have nothing to do in game and I am bored? From my experience of games anyways :)

Alright, I get that. What they really need to do is give us the Astroneer equivalent of redstone from Minecraft. Then we could pull HUNDREDS of hours outta that.