Large Battery + Extra Large Battery

Ghostwolf93

The Large Battery would be built by the Medium Fabricator and would cost one Lithium, one Zinc and one Titanium Alloy to make. It would store 1,024 Units of power (equal to four Medium Batteries), and would have an Input/Output speed of 5.0U/s.

The advantage to building a Large Battery over four Medium Batteires would be that it would be cheaper in terms of resources used for construction, just like building one Medium Battery is cheaper to build than eight Small Batteries. The Large Battery would have just under half the Input/Output of four Medium Batteires (four lots of 3.0U/s equals 12.0U/s), just like a Medium Battery has just under half the Input/Output of eight Small Batteires (eight lots of 1.0U/s equals 8.0U/s).

The Extra Large Battery would be built by the Large Fabricator and would cost one Lithium, one Zinc, and two Nanocarbon Alloy (alternately, if that's considered too expensive, the recipe could replace one of the Nanocarbon Alloy for a second Lithium). It would store 4,096 Units of power (equal to sixteen Medium Batteires, which could be stored in the same space on two Large Storage Silo A), and would have an Input/Output speed of 8.0U/s.

For reference (according to the Astroneer Wiki):

Small Battery stores 32 Units of power, and has an Input/Output speed of 1.0U/s

Medium Battery stores 256 Units of power (equal to 8 Small Batteries), and has an Input/Output speed of 3.0U/s

It takes 1 second to charge/drain a battery with 1Unit of power at a rate of 1.0U/s.

Nice concept, but IDK if 1 Titanium Alloy and 2 nanocarbon alloy would be considered less expensive. Maybe 1 Titanium and 2 Graphene?

12 hours ago, Slipsonic said:

Nice concept, but IDK if 1 Titanium Alloy and 2 nanocarbon alloy would be considered less expensive. Maybe 1 Titanium and 2 Graphene?

Sorry, I wasn't clear about what I meant. What I meant was that it was cheaper in terms of how much Lithium was used to get the same amount of power storage. I kind of screwed up and forgot to add that clarification.

I agree with what you are saying though. Titanium Alloy and 2 Nanocarbon Alloy would make them far more expensive than The currently existing batteries. I was aiming for there to be a little bit more involved in the building of these two batteries, so I chose a couple of materials that can only be acquired once you have built a Chemistry Lab.

How about this as alternative recipes?

Large Battery: One Zinc, one Lithium, one Aluminium Alloy

Extra Large Battery: One Zinc, two Lithium, one Titanium Alloy

The Extra Large Battery is meant to be late game, hence why I originally thought of using two Nanocarbon Alloy. With these amended recipes, you could build the Large Battery as soon as you unlock the Chemistry Lab, and can then later build the Extra Large Battery when you have unlocked and built an Atmospheric Condenser (for the gas needed to craft the Titanium Alloy).

2 hours ago, Ghostwolf93 said:

How about this as alternative recipes?

Large Battery: One Zinc, one Lithium, one Aluminium Alloy

Extra Large Battery: One Zinc, two Lithium, one Titanium Alloy

The Extra Large Battery is meant to be late game, hence why I originally thought of using two Nanocarbon Alloy. With these amended recipes, you could build the Large Battery as soon as you unlock the Chemistry Lab, and can then later build the Extra Large Battery when you have unlocked and built an Atmospheric Condenser (for the gas needed to craft the Titanium Alloy).

Yeah, this definitely makes more sense, progress wise.