I've noticed 2 bugs with tethers, and 1 of them is the same for glowsticks.

1. If you drop tethers or glowsticks from your Aux slot with C/V, they behave as expected except the last tether/stick in the bundle just falls over instead of standing up like all of the others.
  2. If you drop tethers from your backpack using T, they appear to drop erratically and the last one still falls over.

Elsewhere, someone labeled it a Zero index problem.  In the video I did Glowsticks (C), Tether Bundle 1 (V), and Tether Bundle 2 (T). 

9 hours ago, SES_Chris said:

Running speeds have not been altered. 

What "new tethers" are you referring too, glowsticks? If so, what about them is annoying you? 

The speed 'feels' slower but that could just be me

I only use "T" to place tethers.
The placement of tethers is very much random now. Sometimes 1 foot in front of me to the left, another tether will be placed 6 feet behind me to my right, the next tether I place is 4 feet behind me to the left, the next one I place does not connect, the next one is place 2 feet behind me to the right, the next one is placed 1 foot in front of me on the right, the next one I place does not connect, the next one is 5 feet behind me to my right, the next one is 3 feet behind me to the left, the next one does not connect, so that happens over and over and over again. If one wants maximum distance with tethers they will have to stop and re-set/stretch each tether that is placed. 

I really can't run and place tethers. I have to stop far too often and stick them, stretch them. Even while walking I have to stop frequently and either stretch them or place them to get maximum distance. 

I don't think tethers should stick or be placed in the soil. That is 20th century thinking. 
I think they should float. They should have no legs or prongs. Disc in shape that 'float' off of surfaces by an inch or two. Just a slight gap. Float like the odd stones do. They can be dropped like glowsticks and they themselves do the auto-stick/self-connect thing.

8 hours ago, Gina said:

I've noticed 2 bugs with tethers, and 1 of them is the same for glowsticks.

1. If you drop tethers or glowsticks from your Aux slot with C/V, they behave as expected except the last tether/stick in the bundle just falls over instead of standing up like all of the others.
  2. If you drop tethers from your backpack using T, they appear to drop erratically and the last one still falls over.

Elsewhere, someone labeled it a Zero index problem.  In the video I did Glowsticks (C), Tether Bundle 1 (V), and Tether Bundle 2 (T). 

Is that venasia's caves? Haven't been there in a long time, looks cool, yes it happens to me too.

8 minutes ago, CopperyMarrow15 said:

You're not the only ones that hate the new tethers...just stick to the ground and DON'T fall off cliffs!

petition to fill this thread with tether shredders so the devs know how we feel...

giphy.gif

That is kinda rude dude, just wait the devs they are going to see it, they can't be online all the time.

7 minutes ago, TMarcher74 said:

That is kinda rude dude, just wait the devs they are going to see it, they can't be online all the time.

...just meant as a joke...I know the devs will see that some of us won't like the new tethers... I don't really mind it too much

The developers could take it down anyway...that's fine too