hello all :)

I really like to explore planet surfaces alot, but night time puts me off SO much :( I cannot see a thing. Well probably it is possible to put lanterns all over the planet... no really I do not like that idea. And I was thinking, we have there lots of stars and planets/moons to reflect some sun light during the night time - can we please  make the night darkness on the surface less dark? Let it be lit with cold bluish light of the stars but in the way to still have visibility around? Please? This darkness is so depressing...

Night lighting is something we're always looking to improve, so thanks for sharing this. It'd be be great, even, if it varied from planet to planet. You're not the first person to ask for this so I am sure we'll look at night-time lighting again in the future.

12 hours ago, Mio said:

hello all :)

I really like to explore planet surfaces alot, but night time puts me off SO much :( I cannot see a thing. Well probably it is possible to put lanterns all over the planet... no really I do not like that idea. And I was thinking, we have there lots of stars and planets/moons to reflect some sun light during the night time - can we please  make the night darkness on the surface less dark? Let it be lit with cold bluish light of the stars but in the way to still have visibility around? Please? This darkness is so depressing...

There is such an awesome tool @Mio that SES already has at their disposal that would make everyone and I mean everyone happy! 
SES has a tool that can change day to night, night to day, keep it day, keep it night. There is a video out there that shows Joe changing night to day so he (Joe) could show something (I think shooting plants or bouncy plants?) to an interviewer so it would be easier for the camera to record. 
I'm not sure why we can't have it. It is already made. Then you, I and everyone can have as much or as little daylight as one wanted. 
There are even people here that have posted that they no longer have great eyesight and how in caves and during the night it is very difficult for them to see. Also those older players on consoles have issues as well with darkness and age. A tool like this would be such a benefit for them. 

To me having this tool is a win/win/win. I can't find a single downside. 
I want it so that when MP comes out I want to host an 8 person all darkness series. 
I'm hoping that SES people see the value in the players having this tool at our disposal. 🤞